Chapter 88 - Hell Reborn

(CHANGES: Added another line for Akaza that would be important later in the story.)

The lineup was completely organized, and every member of the Slayers, military and police force marched out, ready for war. Among them was a gigantic robot with Kiriya controlling it. "Alright, everyone. Hold your ground, and prepare for the attack," Isekai commands, standing still.

After a minute, footsteps could be heard growing in intensity as the enemies ran closer towards them. "THE ONSLAUGHT SHALL BEGIN! ONWARD!" he cries out, prompting every last fighter to rush forward. The moment the two armies made contact, blood was shed everywhere. Decapitated demons and human bodies were being thrown around aplenty as members of both armies were being ravaged left and right.

On the back of the line, with siege engines ready to fire, was Mitsuri Kanroji, ready to give the signal. "Hold...! Hold..." she commanded. "FIRE!" she then calls, prompting everyone to fire, causing destruction at the other end of the battlefield. The frontline Hashira then happened upon Muzan Kibutsuji.

"Ah, the Hashira. This is the final showdown. Are you ready?" he says menacingly, cracking his knuckles. The frontline Hashira got their blades ready, and initiated the battle. Within a few minutes, so much was happening, that the battlefield positions got mixed up, and soon enough, it became a total free-for-all. Humans slaughtering humans on accident, and demons trying to devour their own kind without knowing it.

Tanjiro, Sabito and Masachika were backed up into a circle. "Damn it... what's happening anymore?! I was almost killed by three of our own army!" he questions, killing a demon. "We can question that later, we're surrounded!" Masachika replies. They all looked at each other and nodded, and prepared a combo attack.

Tanjiro lit both his and Sabito's swords on fire, and Masachika hopped up into the air, then preparing a sword attack. "Idaten Typhoon!" he yells out, unleashing a cyclone that cuts apart anything below. Sabito and Tanjiro then start strafing in circles, sharpening the cyclone even further, and infusing flames into the wind. Soon enough, the cyclone becomes massive, destroying and killing demons in its wake. When the cyclone settled down, they all went their separate ways.

Sword Form: Idaten Typhoon (The user backflips into the air and while upside-down, unleashes a powerful wind cyclone that slashes apart anything below.)

Isekai was in the middle of fighting a huge chunk of demons when he noticed a huge tremor hitting the battleground. When he looked, he could see Sinistrius charging forward, destroying literally anyone in his wake. That's when Kiriya got himself into battle, controlling the robot to fight Sinistrius. The demon cluster roared and charged at Kiriya. They both locked horns and got into a grip struggle.

"This war's becoming more chaotic every moment...!"  Isekai comments internally, hopping away. He was stopped by an exploding flower hitting his face. "Damn it, so she's shown herself..." he mutters, referring to Kanao.

"Kanao Tsuyuri, I'm taking you back!" he says, sword ready for battle. Kanao licks her fingers and draws out her own sword. She charges at him, and both of them get into a heated battle. Whips and swings aplenty, both of them were on par with each other. Weirdly, both of them seem to have limitless stamina, despite Isekai not being a demon.

"You've refined yourself quite well. I guess it's time I took you seriously..." she compliments him, twirling her sword and then throwing it at him. Isekai lets out a high-pitched squeal as he avoids it. Before he could make a move, Kanao plucks her sword out and sends Isekai flying with a kick. "Ah, I hit him too far... no matter. I have a bone to pick with someone else, anyway," she mutters to herself, Tanjiro in mind.

Genya and the Tokito twins had happened upon Akaza. Although all four of them were all on par, the three slayers were somewhat drained. Most of their stamina was used up trying to block Akaza's hand-to-hand combat attacks, while other parts were used for their breathing techniques.

"You all kept up quite well with me, despite not being Hashira. Tell me your secret to training, eh? How did you get this good with your skills? And how is your battle spirit so polished? You're all so damn young. Let me tell you something. No matter how good you get, you will never match the power of a demon!" he asks, then attempting to strike Genya, who blocked with his wings. Muichiro then tried to cut his neck off, but was cut off by Akaza attempting to use a certain attack made for breaking swords.

Bell Crusher (The user strikes the side of the sword with his back hand, forcing the blade to snap.)

But, unfortunately for the slayers, Muichiro got the short end of the stick. His sword broke, and was knocked out of his hands by a kick immediately after. Yuichiro ran up from behind and slit his back. He then leaps backward. "You're good at this! Let's keep fighting more!" he says, happy. He charges at the three.

The entire battleground was at chaos. Slain demons were decaying and humans were being killed non-stop. The ranged fighters don't even know where to aim for, since the melee fighters were all mixed up. They just fired everywhere they could, honestly not caring if they killed their allies.

Isekai backed out of the battlefield and found Ozaki hiding behind some rocks with Makomo and Aoi. Both Makomo and Aoi were wounded, and Ozaki was treating their wounds. "Hurry up, you two! I think our forces are beginning to wane out in strength!" he suggested, jumping back into battle. The medic quickly finished healing them, and the two fighters hopped back into the chaos.

Kiriya and Sinistrius were still going at it, with both sides nearly, if not completely unharmed. Unfortunately for Kiriya, Sinistrius activated his Elemental Fusion powers. The demon cluster began by freezing the robot's leg. The young man was thrown into a disadvantage.

Tanjiro backed out to the side, where he tried to catch his breath. "Damn it... how are we gonna find Kanao in all of this...?!" he questions, trying to stop the bleeding using his breathing. Genya hopped to the same place Tanjiro was, to try to regain some stamina. "Dude, what are you doing here?!" he questions, plucking a demon's claw out of his leg. "I'm here because I'm trying to stop the bleeding! It's not an open wound, but it's slightly deep," Tanjiro explains. "Hang on, I'll bring you to Ozaki!" Genya says, sweeping up Tanjiro, spreading his wings, and began flying to the rock.

The red-haired lad looks down at the battlefield, and sees Kanao relentlessly slaughtering those who were once her allies, and he couldn't help but cry a little.

To be continued...