Chapter 64.5 - Muzan's Stronghold

An unconscious Kanao and Muzan walked through the door, as it slid inward, closing itself. Muzan looked up to the structure of his base of operations, and it was at least four times as complicated in structure compared to Gyutaro's and Daki's. Except this was mostly made of technology that altered gravity, and had multiple science labs, most of which were being checked out by a demon who took the form of a tall young man with a moderately toned and muscular body. The aforementioned person sported a blood-red turtleneck of a design that made it appear that the section between his neck and upper chest is covered by a black substance that looks like it's dripping slightly down his body, the same design is also made on his wrists and down his hands, as well as on the small, circular "blood stain" he adorned on his head. Below this, they wore a pair of straight, tan-colored hakama pants of a pinstriped design, its cuffs visibly loose, which was secured with a pale green-tinged golden belt with a bright silver buckle.

Upon Muzan spotting the man, he went into the laboratory he stood in, which had one tube, the fluid colored pink. The label on it read: "Kill All, No Alive Human, Ultimate Onslaught," which abbreviated to "K.A.N.A.H.U.O."

The boss asked him about the pronunciation, and he explained himself. "I apologize, master. I, myself, wanted to make the abbreviation be able to pronounce "Kanao" correctly, too. But, I could never find a better abbreviation for it," he said. Muzan shrugged, and told the man to toss her in the tube and keep experimenting until they could find a way to stop the constant sudden sleeping.

Just as Muzan was about to leave the room, the scientist person stopped him, and gave off his theory. "I've run a few quick tests on Kanao's mind. Nothing's recording in the brain waves, so this isn't an external neither internal factor that's causing this."

The crime boss turned to him in interest. "What would happen if we keep letting this go so carelessly?" Muzan asked, putting on a questioning expression. The man took off his goggles, and gave off the final answer to his theory. "If this goes on, one of two things will happen. Either Kanao will go into an eternal rest, alive, but not awake..."

Muzan then ordered him to finish his sentence, adding that he was wasting his time. The man realized his mistake, and replied: "Sorry, master, I was getting off-track. As I was saying, one of two things will happen if this goes on without control. Either she goes into an eternal slumber..."

"...or she somehow reverses her transformation."

To be continued...