Chapter 32 - Tanjiro & Zenitsu VS Shinobu

After Kanao, Masachika and Kanae had returned from the wasteland, it was time for the final battle to begin. Zenitsu and Tanjiro were escorted to an artificial power plant.

"How do you think we'll handle this, Tanjiro?" Zenitsu asks, putting both hands inside his pockets. Tanjiro thinks about it, and he gives his thoughts. "Seeing as Shinobu probably hates me, she'll definitely want to take me out first. Even worse, using my Altered Flame Magic is going to hurt me, so I really can't knock her out quickly..." he answers. But, before they could go into planning about how to defeat her, Tengen comes onto the speaker.

"And begin!"

...

Tanjiro and Zenitsu were walking for a good five minutes, and it didn't take long for Shinobu to immediately encounter the two. "Well then, shall we begin?" she asked, drawing her sword. "It's really thin... but with a really sharp point. Is she a stabber?"  Tanjiro asks himself, taking a battle stance.

Zenitsu and Tanjiro readied their swords, prepared for the incoming battle. They locked horns, with Zenitsu taking the initiative strike. It was a fierce battle of blocking thrusts and swings alike, and all of the other students were attentively watching.

Muichiro: "I wonder how Tanjiro would pull this off..."

Kanao: "I'm having serious doubts about if he could win or not..."

After Zenitsu backed out, Tanjiro jumped in and began using his Water Magic attacks, as to not harm his own body from utilizing Sun Magic. "Come on! Where's that big ol' alternated flame magic you used in the Athletics Tournament?!" Shinobu asks, punching Zenitsu in the face, then shifting her focus back to Tanjiro.

"I'm not doing it! It hurts to use it!" he answered as he kicked her away, then fired ranged attacks. After Shinobu closed the distance, Tanjiro opened a flashbang, then Zenitsu punched her abdomen, sending her flying towards the conveyor belts.

"You two really are tough... Alright, I'll let myself a bit loose, then," she said, charging at Zenitsu, swinging at his left, then tossing him towards a balcony. "TanJIRO HEEEELP-" he yelled as he crashed into a small room. He was still conscious, just immobile.

"Ugh... I have... to get up... and help him...!"

"Well then, now that we're rid of distractions, how about you and I have a battle that counts for both my confirmation and your test! If you win, you have my permission to date Kanao, and of course, you pass the test. If you lose, you break up with her, and you fail," she proposed, a sinister look on her face, looking almost sure she would win.

"Shinobu, no! That isn't fair!" she reprimanded hrt whilst Kanao was sweating heavily, in hopes he would win.

Tanjiro drew his blade and readied himself. "Challenge accepted!" he responded. They both charged at each other and locked horns. It was an on-par battle, with Tanjiro and Shinobu in equal levels. "Insect Magic: Scorching Fireflies!" she cried into her heart as she summoned a swarm of fireflies that were ablaze, and they chased Tanjiro, who countered with a Water Magic attack.

Scorching Fireflies (The user calls upon a swarm of lit-up fireflies, and they chase the intended target.)

"Water Magic: Water Doppelgangers!" he calls out, exploding into water. Shinobu opened her eyes, and she could see that doppelgangers of Tanjiro were created of cold water, and were headed towards Shinobu.

"This one's gonna get tricky..."  she thought. One by one, Shinobu began getting rid of the hydro clones, making them explode into cold water vapor. When she took a breath, it subdued her breathing. "He clearly planned that...! The air from these explosive clones is so cold!" she said to herself as she leapt out to take warm air in.

After Shinobu recovered, she and Tanjiro fought again, and later, Shinobu successfully subdued him. "Game over, boy." she said while giggling, ready to end him.

"You've grown quite a bit. Alright then, this time, I'll save you," a voice said. Tanjiro began looking around, then internally asked: "What? Who was that?" 

"I'll fight this battle for you."

Tanjiro instantly burst into a flaming aura, then, electrical wires sprouted out of his fingertips.

To be continued...