Chapter 57 - Valentine's Day

Tuesday, February 14, 2030, Kimetsu Academy, 7:30 AM

Kanao had just entered the classroom, followed by Ozaki and Murata. The three were chatting about coconut crabs and how Murata cooked and ate one by accident, thinking it was just a weird-colored lobster.

"The thing tasted disgusting. Ever since then, I swore to never go ANYWHERE near its habitats in the Indo-Pacific." Murata said. Ozaki just laughed, headed towards her desk.

Isekai was asleep on his table, and Tanjiro noticed. He went over, and poked him until he was awake. Unfortunately, he just sleep-talked, muttering: "You wanna fuckin' talk? We'll fucking talk when you're dead, ya piece of shit..." as Tanjiro facepalmed, then splashed a handful of water on him. Isekai snapped awake, asking: "Who's that? Am I in a beach? Did coconut crabs eat my ves- I mean, me?"

Tanjiro just chuckled, replying: "It's just me, no, you're not in a beach, and no, you haven't been eaten by coconut crabs." Isekai sighed in relief, muttering: "Thank God, those things are terrifying."

Tanjiro lightly shook his head, then asked him: "Anyway, do you have anyone for Valentine's Day?" to which Isekai thought about, but replied: "Nope." Tanjiro asked: "Are you sure? Don't you have a crush on Aoi or something? You two are like, ultra-close."

Isekai looked at him with the face that says "Bro, you high or somethin'?" then asked: "Bitch, do I look like I got feelings for Aoi to you?" as Tanjiro muttered "No." in response. Isekai sighed, then asked: "What're you getting Kanao for Valentine's Day? You two have been together for 3 months now."

Tanjiro answered: "I got her the classic chocolate box, then got her a bag of her favorite dango flavor. I plan to take her on our third date tonight." and to this, Isekai perked his head up. "A date, you say?" he asked. Tanjiro said: "Yeah. I don't have a lot of money though, so I may have to suspend this, my family isn't that well-off, and I don't wanna ask anyone to cover some of my expenses..."

Isekai slammed his hands on his desk, grabbed him by his collar, then said: "Did you just say you don't have enough money? I ain't mad that you're probably not that well-off, but I'm mad that you probably didn't ask someone to help. Dude, you're my best fucking friend. If you want a bit of money to take your girl on a date, just ask me! I'll help you in financial ends. Five-star restaurant? I got you! A luxurious cab? Ring me up! Fancy clothing? Come up to me and say it to my face! What I'm trying to say is, I'll fucking help you, dude. I have too much money on my hands, and I don't wanna spend it on JUST myself. Sure, I'd like to have luxurious things like comfy couches, or pillows with goose-down on them, comfy bear rugs, a huge villa, oh yeah, speaking of which, I'm gonna have one built soon. But I'll help anyone who might need a bit of extra money. Just ask me, and I'll help you with it! Alright?"

Tanjiro was crying a little, then hugged his friend. "Thanks, man. I would not ask for a better friend." Isekai replied: "Yeah. Now get the hell out there, and ask her out, you dumbass." The hug was broken, and Tanjiro went to ask Kanao out. Before he could open his mouth, Isekai hit record on his phone, stuffed it to his pocket, and then stood behind both of them.

"Hey, Kanao." Tanjiro greeted. "Oh, hey there. Uhm... do you need anything?" Kanao asked. Tanjiro took a deep breath, then asked if she wanted to go on another date. Kanao gleefully said: "Sure!" then kissed him on the lips. Aoi spotted, and was quick enough to spot a photo. "Hoho..." she muttered. Tanjiro then nervously asked: "...how does 7:30 s-sound?" as she nodded, in agreement.

After the two separated for a while, Isekai and Aoi ran up to each other, ready to give the news about their spying. "Isekai, I got a pic!" with Isekai overlapping, his words being: "I got a voice recording!"