Chapter 76 - Midterms 2

April 1st, 2030

The third quarter's exams had just finished. Everyone had done exceptionally well this time, having time to study since some students were still recuperating from the incident in Tsunan Town.

Kanae entered the class, ready to show the scores to everyone. She looked rather excited, which gave every student in the room good vibes. They asked about the whiteboard, which they noticed was new. Formerly, it was just a chalkboard. "Oh, the new whiteboard? Yeah, uh, they took the chalkboards down since the wood was beginning to rot. They decided to temporarily have the teachers use whiteboards until they could get new wood frames for the chalkboards. Anyway, you all did well on this round of exams! Keep it up!" she explained, following up with her announcement about the exam scores as she took a marker and began writing.

1st - Makomo & Sabito (98 / 98)
2nd  - Kaigaku Inadama (96 / 98)
3rd - Isekai Mizuki (95 / 98)
4th - Tanjiro Kamado (91 / 98)
5th - Muichiro Tokito (89 / 98)
6th - Nezuko Kamado (88 / 98)
7th - Yuichiro Tokito (87 / 98)
8th - Masachika Kumeno (84 / 98)
9th - Murata (80 / 98)
10th - Yahaba (78 / 98)
11th - Susamaru & Ozaki (75 / 98)
12th - Genya Shinazugawa (73 / 98)
13th - Aoi Kanzaki (70 / 98)
14th - Zenitsu Agatsuma (69 / 98)
15th - Yushiro Yamamoto (67 / 98)
16th - Inosuke Hashibira (65 / 98)
Unattended - Kanao Tsuyuri

Everyone was rather pleased that they passed. Some of them weren't, considering how much their scores dropped. Inosuke was scratching his head violently, wondering what happened to his score. Aoi was disappointed that she was near the bottom again. Yushiro wasn't taken by shock too much, as he was confused with about a quarter of the questions.

"You all did well this time. Study hard, and do the same for the fourth quarter exa-" she tries to encourage them, as a crow's call could be heard in the distance. "Message! Message!" it said, bringing a scroll to them. It landed next to Isekai, and dropped the note it was holding. He picked it up and unwrapped it.

It was apparently written in neat pen, and with cursive too. "From... Muzan Kibutsuji...?" Isekai read. The others peeked out, interested on what's in the letter. He continued, reading the note as his eyes followed the words.

"Dear Slayers,

Your pestilence has gone on far enough, and I have grown tired of your resistance. I saw your forces as a fun plaything I could toy with for my own amusement. But you're all being so persistent as to have killed Upper Moon Four.

I have decided that this cat-and-mouse game has gone on for too long. You have taken down the majority of my best subordinates already. Kamanue, Rui, Mukago, Wakuraba, Rokuro, Daki, Enmu, Gyutaro, Gyokko, and now Hantengu. I'm not letting go this easily, humans. I am the closest thing this world has ever come to perfection, and I'm not about to stop working towards my dream of a criminal empire. By then, I'll have the entire Slayers Corporation dead, and the whole world under my foot.

Prepare yourselves, slayers. This is my warning. I hereby declare war. Prepare your forces. You have until, say, June 31st. Get your affairs in order, give your families your final goodbyes, or just kill your teachers!

Enough is enough, now, and I've had enough of you holding me from my desires. I'm going to annihilate the entire Corporation. You're outnumbered, kids. You're going to lose this fight. Again, I declare war on the Slayers Corporation. This... is my final message to you. Goodbye, Slayers Corporation. Goodbye, Ubuyashiki. Goodbye, Mizuki Isekai.

Your nemesis, Kibutsuji Muzan."

Isekai looks down to read one last part of the note.

"P.S. We're already attacking America as you're reading this note. WAIT, WHAT?!" he reads aloud, realizing what's happening.

Isekai closed the letter, and all of the students were horrified at what was going to happen. Murata decided to say something first. "...are we going to die...?" he asked, visibly and audibly horrified.

Isekai sighed. "We will if we're not going to do something about it. I know what to do now, and this fits perfectly well with the plan I've been thinking up. This just came earlier than I hoped. Ms. Kocho?" he said. Kanae looked at him, prompting him to continue. "Call the Hashira here. The plan's gone into Phase 3 earlier than I thought."

The situation has gotten worse, and the Slayers must take complete action. What will they do to resist the incoming disaster?

To be continued...