Chapter 26 - Yushiro & Genya VS Giyu (Part 1)

Aoi, Ozaki and Obanai have returned to the spectators' area. Tengen calls out Yushiro and Genya to head to the artificial mall to start their test.

Artificial Mall, 10:00 AM

The two of them were strolling around the first floor of the mall, and Genya asked: "Alright, you got a plan, or should I go first?" but Yushiro shook his head, replying "You go first. I don't have a plan."

Genya nodded, then explained his plan. "Alright, so first thing we do is have you make us invisible. Then, we roam around to try and find Mr. Tomioka, then we try to knock him out as quickly as possible," he said. "Alright." And there, Tengen called out to them. "BEGIN!"

Yushiro nodded, and said "Let's move out." Then, they leapt into the shadows.

On the other side, in a women's clothing store, was Giyu, trying to think of how he can plan against their powers. "Genya, despite being a slayer, uses Blood Magic, and Yushiro, I haven't seen him use his magics at all. Blindfold? Clearly it's more than its name... Wait. I hear something."

Footsteps on marble floor were tapping around Giyu, with him trying to gather information about his surroundings. "Two people are here. Nearby, but I can't see them. Are they moving too fast that I can't find them?!" he questions. After a little while, a sharp force swung at Giyu, who barely reacted and blocked.

Genya was the one who was invisible, and asked himself,"He could still find me, despite him not being able to see me?!"  as he swung again, only for him and Giyu to lock in a struggle.

Giyu lightly nodded, and made his guess. "This is clearly Genya... the sword is small. Water Magic: Geyser!" he cried in his heart as a gush of water blew out the ground, waterdrops raining on Genya, revealing his position.

Elsewhere stood Yushiro, watching the battle from his ally's viewpoint. "Genya's spot has been revealed.  Genya, listen up! Mr. Tomioka can detect you. I'll reveal you, right now! Blood Magic, Blindfold: Deactivate!" he telepathically told him as he manipulated the energy of the paper on Genya's head, revealing him fully.

Genya was revealed, and Giyu prepared an attack. "Knew it. Hydro Pump!" he yelled, blasting a huge current of water. Genya still had the paper on his head, and he attempted to contact Yushiro. He asked him, "You still have that serum you found on the ground?"

Yushiro nodded, replying: "Yeah, apparently, the substance puts its target to sleep." as Genya cut him off at the end, and said: "Hurry and get over here, he's more skilled than I anticipated!" as his ally nodded. "On my way." he said, running towards the eatery, where the battle reached to.

Genya had been struggling against the Water Hashira. Fighting him was more difficult than trying to find a way to insult Kanae. Giyu charged water into his arm, yelling out: "Water Magic: Disarming Surge!"

Disarming Surge (A singular strike is dealt, and the force resonates towards the user's toes and fingers, knocking any handheld items they may have off their hands.)

Genya used the metals in his flesh to turn his arm into iron, which fully blocked Giyu's swing. "So your body can manifest into different material using your Blood Magic... Interesting," he muttered. "And I got more!" he replied as out of his fingertips, rapid rounds of arapaima fish scales towards Giyu. "Water Magic: Sword Form: Dead Calm."

Dead Calm (The user assumes a defensive stance, and blocks incoming attacks.)

"Harder to beat than I thought...! Blood Magic: Arapaima Scales: Hardened Shots!" he yelled out as he shot 4, harder-than-usual scales every split second. Giyu blocked them, but he realized what he did. "He hardened them so it would take me longer to block them. Dead Calm can't easily slice these."

At that moment, something threw kunai spears at Giyu. "Kunai?" he asked himself as he looked to his right, where Yushiro stood. He was twirling a piece on his hand, gripped it, then asked him: "Think I'd hide forever?"

Giyu grinned, then said: "So well-aimed... I'll let loose a little now, so don't come crying to me when you lose!"

Yushiro leapt in front of Genya, and they both spoke. Yushiro started with: "We're only just getting started!" as Genya followed up, and added: "And now we'll kill you!" he yelled out as he leapt forward, Yushiro's kunai following him. "Water Dome!" A sphere of water centered Giyu, and it wouldn't explode, as Genya was putting force against it. "Rrrrrrrraaaaah!" he yelled out as he pushed further, the water eventually dissipating. "Scale Blast!" he cried out as a burst of scales shot out, hitting Giyu. "Agh!" he winced. He realized what else was coming, and blocked every kunai spear Yushiro threw.

"They really co-operate well..." Isekai commented. Tanjiro was quite surprised, knowing that Genya's body build wasn't too strong. Muichiro then said: "There's more to Genya's surprises than what you see. I heard that if he ate one of Muzan's kind, he can temporarily gain their attributes. If he can manipulate his blood right to fix his bloodflow, he can even gain their Blood Magic." Tanjiro was a bit skeptical, but believed him regardless, muttering: "I guess there's always the unexpected one in the class."

"You two are good at this. Your teamwork, strength, and intelligence are praiseworthy..." Giyu complimented, putting his sword in his sheath and surrounding his body in swirling water. "I'll use all of my strength now, and I'll climb on as the fight keeps going, so don't you even dare disappoint me. Water Magic: Constant Flux!"

At this point, Yushiro was starting to freak out, and said: "He's not holding back anymore...!" as his ally grinned. "I'm not holding back either!" he yelled as he turned his arms to steel. "Conceal!" Yushiro cried out as he and Genya were hidden once again. "GO!" Giyu yelled out as he leapt towards the two, who dodged. "Improvised Special Move: Blade Rain!"  Yushiro cried in his heart as he threw 20 kunai at once towards Giyu's direction. Giyu blocked it, and successfully kicked Yushiro. "AAAAGH!" he yelled in pain, being launched down towards the first floor. "YUSHIRO! Ah..." he called out as he was revealed. "Yushiro's been knocked out completely. It's just you and me now, Genya."

To be continued...