Chapter 93 - VS Kamanue: REMATCH

As Kimetsu Academy was close by, it didn't take them long to get there. They could see their school in burning shambles, and they took a closer look. When they came around the basketball court, they found Kamanue, sitting down and freely burning anything in his sights. He notices the three of them.

"Oh. We seem to have a few slayers here. How're the war wounds treating you?" Kamanue asks tauntingly. Ozaki chuckled. "What war wounds?" she asks rhetorically. He then realizes that she was likely a part of the medical lineup. "...I'll burn you. I'll burn you like a sack of dumb puppies," he said, preparing and launching a flame attack.

"INCOMING!" Murata yelled. Fortunately, Ozaki protected them using a Water Magic attack. "A Water Magic user? Haven't encountered one of those in decades. Well then, if this is what you bring to the field, then I'll take it! Bring it your best shot!" he said, encouraging them to fight. Everyone readied their weapons, and the real fight started.

Nezuko started by charging forward and getting in a solid hit by blasting her opponent in the face. When Kamanue cleared the smoke away from his sight, the first thing he could see was Murata and Ozaki quickly following with a closing dual attack. Unfortunately, he jumped away.

"Quite good, definitely better than when I fought that redhead kid..." Kamanue mutters, then conjuring a hammer made of flames. He swung at them, trying to burn them up. Ozaki and Murata stopped him again by extinguishing the hammer. "Damn... I'm already at a really bad disadvantage...! The explosion girl can just hurt me and distract me whenever she likes, and even if I try to attack her, the other two with Water Magic can just stop my attacks instantaneously...! What to do..."

Kamanue figured it out, and decided to aim for Murata first. "If the reports are correct, the slick-haired one is a marksman. At any range, he can stop any attack I have. I should take him out first, since the other one is usually better at close range."

Before Kamanue could land the hit, however, Ozaki cover swapped for Murata and swung at him, nearly cutting off Kamanue's head. "So annoying...!"  he mumbled angrily as he tried to burn up Ozaki within one hit, but being stopped again by Murata shooting him in the eye with an arrow. "Their reflex and prediction speeds are insane...!"

"Hey, up here!" someone calls, revealing it to be Nezuko who lands an explosive diving attack. Nezuko then blasts him again, and Kamanue expects Murata and/or Ozaki to try to hit him with a closing-in slash, and tries to guard with a flame barrier. Unfortunately for him, they don't, and Murata lands three arrow shots to his torso.

"Damn it! They knew I'd try that?!" he mutters as he gets himself off the ground. "They've clearly improved since a while ago. They must have learned how to study their power!"

"If I don't run, I'm going to di-"  he thinks as he's stopped by Muzan. "Don't you DARE run, Kamanue. I gave you more power because I know it was my fault for making you too weak. You have enough power to be able to at least kill a Hashira, yet you're faltering against three measly children? If you run away, I will kill you myself,"  Muzan threatens Kamanue, prompting him to return to the field.

"Yeah, what am I running for?" he questions himself. "I've yet to show them!" he yells, powering up a little. He charges at Nezuko, actually being able to hit her this time. He punches her, sending her flying towards a wall.

"On your guard, Murata! He's looking at us!" Ozaki calls, standing steadily. He then runs at the both of them, beginning with an instantaneous flame burst. Murata then swings at his neck, but Kamanue ducks, gripping Murata's blade and flinging the grip towards his chin. Ozaki then tries to drop kick him, but is stopped by Kamanue nearly cutting her head off. She was able to block, and backed away a little for some space.

Murata stood up, a little exhausted. Nezuko hopped down from the room she was in, and stood next to Murata. "You alright, Nezuko?" he asks, wiping the blood off of his nose. "Yeah, I'm alright."

"You three are pretty good. None of you are Hashira, yet I'm having trouble. What kind of teamwork are you using?" he asks. No one answers. "Hey, is the ponytail-haired girl looking a little... blue?" Kamanue asks, pointing at Ozaki. In a short moment, she explodes into water. "Eyes on the prize!" she yells, slashing at Kamanue. She only hits the higher part of his right forehead to his left eye, however, as he was able to react quick enough to prevent his neck from getting slashed.

"You almost got me. You know what? I'm actually having fun here. But, I got a mission from my master, and I will carry it out. I won't let you stop him," he says, bracing himself. "Now, witness my full power!" he yells, a massive inferno happening around him.

Murata, Ozaki and Nezuko try to dodge. The moment Murata notices his sword his missing, he spots it and it gets burned up in the inferno. "Oh god da- ugh, the smiths worked hard to forge that!" he says in immense disappointment in himself, facepalming.

Ozaki notices Murata's empty hands, and asks where his sword is. "It got burned up! I saw it, and it just went up in smoke!" he replies, ready to use the regular forms of Water Magic. Suddenly, it got really hot. Everyone started sweating. "Guys, not to point out the obvious, but it's getting really hot..." Nezuko says, wiping some off of her forehead. Murata breathed in and tore off his shirt. Ozaki couldn't help but stare, but quickly snapped out of it.

Kamanue called out. "Ready? Then round two!" he yells, charging at the three. He aims at Ozaki first, as she's generally the only person with a sword left. Murata quickly covers for her by launching a Water Bomb, immediately followed by Nezuko landing a hard kick to his head.

For another half-hour, it goes to a struggle. But, the three humans began to wear out with time, and soon, they were too tired to even go on. Murata looks at Ozaki and Nezuko, and he notices something on Nezuko's eye. It looked like black cracks. "Nezuko, what is that on your eye?" he asks. Nezuko questions him, and Ozaki pulls out a mirror she keeps in her pocket. She opens it, and Nezuko realizes what he meant.

To be continued...