Chapter 42 - Hinokami Kagura: Amaterasu

-=FLASHBACK=-

Isekai was reading a book and looking at some articles on the internet. He perked up a bit after he read something on a hypothesis about a different kind of Flame Magic. "I did a bit of, uh... research on the magic, and found out that there's a certain state of power that can increase the total power of the user by an extreme amount," Isekai says. Tanjuro immediately figures out what he speaks of.

"You know the Shinto deity: Amaterasu, right?" Tanjuro asks. Tanjiro nods. "Yeah?" he answers. Isekai rubs his eye, going further in his explanation. "Apparently, if you want to use the Hinokami Kagura at its pinnacle, or, you would say, 100%, you could never just have your will order it. You'd want to have your will order that you use Hinokami Kagura: Amaterasu."

"Let me try it," Tanjiro suggests, taking a deep breath. Fortunately, Isekai stops him. "Hold your horses, buddy. Judging from how you were literally hurt from using barely 2% at the Athletics Tournament, the lightest damage it could do is burst your lungs," he supposes, doing a few light calculations in his mind. "But maybe, if you had a regeneration magic of some sort, you could just use it freely," Tanjuro says, shrugging.

-=FLASHBACK END=-

"Hey, Teruko..." he calls, ready to ask her something. The little girl looks up at him. "Y-yes?" "Your magic involves regeneration, correct?" he asks. Teruko nodded in answering a yes. "Can it work on others?" Tanjiro then follows. Teruko nods, and looks at her palm. "It can, and it's very fast, but I can't hold it for more than 5 minutes..." she explains. Tanjiro grins. "Good. Five is all I need," he says as he takes off his haori. "Hey, grab onto my back, will ya?" he requested. Teruko did so, and Tanjiro tied his haori around him, pinning Teruko to his back.

"Uuu..." she sheepishly utters. "Activate your magic now, please," Tanjiro requests. Teruko nodded and activated her magic. Although nervous, Tanjiro composed himself, and took a deep breath. "Alright then. Hinokami Kagura: Amaterasu!"

Amaterasu (A transformation in which the user utilizes the apex end of the Hinokami Kagura's power. Tremendously increases range and width of attacks.)

"Hold on tight, Teruko," Tanjiro says. He took a breath, and he felt extreme pain for a swift second, but it was overlapped by Teruko's regeneration. "Isekai's right... This thing hurts like hell! But now's not the time to act cowardly... a Lower Moon is right in front of me!"  he thought, leaping up towards him.

"Flesh Fusion: Bloodbullets!" Rokuro yelled as multiple waves of spiked flesh were fired upon his adversary. "Alright... here goes... Hinokami Kagura: The Setting Sun!"  he called from his heart as a massive flame sweep engulfed the bullets, fully incinerating them.

"This kid wasn't that powerful minutes ago... By that time, I'd be dead!"  he questioned Tanjiro's extreme power as he sent slithering flesh spikes upon him, using an overhaul magic. Tanjiro hopped along, avoiding the attacks that were coming after him. He eventually reached Rokuro, and tried to cut his neck off. But, unfortunately, the best it did was hit his arm. "OH, GOD, THAT HURT!" he yelled in pain as he struck Tanjiro with a punch, sending him back to the starting point. Rokuro dropped his flesh armor for a bit to groan about his lost arm.

"Shouldn't you be regenerating?" Tanjiro asks, wondering why Rokuro isn't even growing his arm back. "Why did you think I needed Teruko's Regeneration?!" Rokuro yells. Tanjiro raises his eyebrow in immense confusion. "...how can you not regenerate?" he asks.

Rokuro just sighs. "My Blood Magic is called Flesh Fusion. It started out as just Flesh Manipulation, where I could change the shape of my body, nothing more, nothing less. When I met the requirements for being one of the Twelve, I lost to that man."

-=FLASHBACK=-

"You meet the strength and skill requirement for being a Twelve, but how did you lose? Why didn't you use your magic to try and defeat me?" Muzan questions.  Rokuro looked down in shame, knowing he let Muzan down. "Ah, it's your magic that holds you. Your magic lets you manipulate your flesh, right?" he asked. Rokuro nodded, and Muzan grinned.

"Truly a shame that your magic is limited, you could do so much more if you had another. Well then, I'll give you another chance," he said, sticking two fingers into his forehead. He injected a certain amount of blood. It gave no strength, but it gave him an extra Blood Magic. "I've just given you a Fusion magic. You can fuse with other demons, to gain their power, and, if they have one, their magic. Come back when you've had enough experience, alright?"

"Thank you... Thank you, master!" Rokuro thanked him, leaving the area.

-=FLASHBACK END=-

"So I went around, challenging demons. If I won, and I think they have a good setup of themselves, I'd take their life, power, and their Blood Magic. I got myself Bloodbullets, Overhaul, and Armor. However, my body couldn't take it, and it began destroying itself. I had to fuse all of my magics into one, making it Flesh Fusion. The core was Flesh Manipulation, and Bloodbullets, Overhaul and Armor were put into it as extensions," he explains. Tanjiro folds his arms. "Yeah, and?"

"The power of the magics I stole had a high power boost, but it, along with all other things, came at a cost. Muzan, however, still let me become a Lower Moon. The magic became so powerful, that I could no longer regenerate. Sure, I can just use my Armor magic to make another arm, but that arm would be easier to cut off than a regular. I needed to turn Teruko into a demon, so that I could fuse her within me, and become a demonic being with regeneration once more," he explains, spitting out why he needed Teruko. "I understand why you need her, but, as a member of the Slayers Corporation, I will never hand her over for as long as I breathe!" he answered as he took a battle stance. He leapt forward and instantly kicked Rokuro airborne.

"You won't hand her over, eh? Fine then, we'll do this the hard way! Flesh Fusion: Armor: Wings of Crimson Steel!" he yelled, as he grew large flesh wings, being able to suspend himself mid-air.

Armor: Wings of Crimson Steel (The user grows flesh wings. The armor is usually tougher than the regular use.)

Tanjiro maneuvered through Rokuro's incoming Overhaul attacks, and used an attack to burn down some of his armor. "Hinokami Kagura: Dance!"  Rokuro flew further, and Tanjiro set up a combination of attacks on him, and sure enough...

"This is the end, you demon! I'll teach you... to take my best friend and the one I love from me! Hinokami Kagura: Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance!" he reprimanded him, slicing his head off with a singular, extremely powerful, swing of a sword. "Did... did he slice my neck?!  The kid wasn't this powerful before he got out! What happened to him?! Agh... so... many... questions...!"  he questioned internally as he began to slowly fade into ashes. Tanjiro landed and deactivated Amaterasu.

"You can stop now, Teruko," Tanjiro said with a warm smile. Teruko stopped using her magic, and the others arrived back. Kanao exited the car first, giving her boyfriend a worried embrace. "Dude, what the fuck were you doing here?" Isekai questions, putting one hand on his waist. "You really could've gotten killed! Also, where's the demon?" Aoi asks.

Tanjiro pointed to a large cluster of Flesh Armor on the ground. "Wait, you killed him?" Inosuke asks, impressed. "Yeah, and it took a lot out of me," he answered. Isekai leaned over to him whispered a question. "No way you killed him. Did you use Amaterasu or something?" he asks. Tanjiro chuckles, and answers. "Can't confirm nor deny that." he said. Isekai shrugged and everyone got in the car to return home.

To be continued...