Chapter 40 - New Year

December 25, 2029, Tako Residence

Isekai and Aoi woke up at 3:45 AM to begin decorating. The former pulled out many boxes of decorations, and the latter began to help him decorate. "Were you born with that hair color, or did you dye it?" Aoi asks, curious about Isekai's hair.  "I was born with it. Even then, I wouldn't dye it. I don't like taking risks with my hair, especially when it ends up cleaning off when I shower," Isekai answers, pouring some dye remover on his head to prove it. "One more thing, why do you always wear that eyepatch?" Aoi follows up, accidentally dropping a Christmas light. "That's a question I won't ever answer," he says, trying to hold down his secrets. "Hey, I'm not gonna infiltrate." she told him, throwing a mistletoe over Isekai's bedroom door.

"Perfect," Isekai mutters, just putting the star on top of the tree. He hopped down from the ladder and threw it back in the storage. By the time they finished, it was 5:30 AM. "Hm... I may as well make some breakfast. Aoi, can you get me the milk? I'm gonna make some eggnog and pancakes..." he asked Aoi, pulling out a hot chocolate mix. Aoi went to the fridge and pulled out a jug of milk, and handed it to Isekai. She sat down on the couch and watched Netflix, as Isekai began whipping up a nice dish.

7:00 AM, Tako Residence

Isekai had finished making the food, and set up the table with Aoi's help. They decided to wake up Tanjiro and Kanao stealthily. As they walked out the door together, Isekai and Aoi were chuckling. "...w-what's up, you two?" Tanjiro asks, concerned, scared and confused.

Isekai pointed above the entrance of his door, revealing a mistletoe. By the time Tanjiro realized what in Earth was happening, Kanao had already pulled him into a kiss. Being the tea hunter he is, Isekai snapped a picture. Soon enough, the four went down the stairs, with Kanao embracing Tanjiro's back. "The others will be down soon enough. We'll have breakfast then," Isekai says, drinking his hot chocolate.

While the four were watching MHA, someone knocked on the door. Isekai opened it, revealing Black wearing an elf suit. "Hey there, coz! Here ya go..." she greeted her cousin as she handed him a gift. "Thanks." "I'd stay for a while, but an elf has gotta do its work at Santa's Workshop." she joked, hugging Isekai and leaving.

Isekai tossed his gift into the tree, then sat back down on the couch. When it hit 7:30, the others began to come down at once. "A little late, are we? Anyway, let's eat breakfast. I got pancakes, eggnog and hot chocolate. Let's dig in!" Isekai called out as the others yelled "Itadakimasu!" before chowing down. All that filled the Tako Residence was laughter and joy. Soon enough, all finished getting the gifts, and late night December 31st arrived.

9:00 PM, December 31st, 2029

"Hurry, we have to get to MizuTech so we can begin the celebration there! I'm the main attraction as it currently stands, and I'm not the one to ruin it!" Isekai tried to hurry them as he finished putting on his clothing. The others did the same, and Isekai's five taxis arrived. The ones in the passenger seats demanded that they go to the main MizuTech building.

Soon enough, they arrived. There were lots of people, just hyped to see the current owner of the company in their presence. When it hit around 10, Isekai and the eight Hashira stood on stage, and Isekai called out to them. "Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, and the rainbow in-between, Mizuki Isekai here, and it warms my heart to see so many people attending the party! We will begin the countdown, well, of course, a minute before the new year."

After the announcement, all that filled the area was just music, partying and happiness. Time flew by, and soon enough...

December 31st, 2029, 11:58:56 PM

"Alright everyone, begin the countdown in... 3... 2... 1... NOW!" he says, prompting everyone to start from sixty going down. "60... 59... 58... 57..."

Ozaki stops, and taps Murata's shoulder. "Murata? I have something to give you when the new year begins." "Uh... alright." he answered, continuing the countdown. "48... 47... 46... 45... 44... 43..."

Kanae looks at her sister, then asks her for a favor. "Shinobu, can I ask of you that you never try to hurt Tanjiro?" Shinobu giggles. "Can't promise, but I'll try." Kanae nodded at her attempt to try not to hurt her adoptive sister's boyfriend.

"21... 20... 19... 18... 17... 16... 15... 14..." Kanao took Tanjiro's hand, and as they looked at each other, they gave each other a warm smile. "10... 9... 8... 7... 6..."

Ozaki got ready for what she was about to do. It didn't seem like it, but even Murata was ready to make a move.

"5... 4..."

Giyu and Sanemi just nodded at each other, signaling that they didn't intend to have beef with each other for the night.

"3... 2... 1..."

Outside of MizuTech, January 1, 2030, 12:00 AM

"Happy New Year!" everyone cheers as Ozaki and Murata end up pulling each other into a kiss, both of who were embarrassed, not knowing the other wanted to do this. Aoi, of course, saw and snapped a picture for Isekai to see later.

"Happy New Year to all of you, and have a great party time here!" Isekai greeted them once more as those who attended raised their drinks, soda, water and alcohol alike. That night, it was pure laughs, joy and hearty eating and drinking. Around 3:30 AM, everyone began to hit the streets back home.

"Ah, that was great!" Isekai exclaims, stretching his arms and putting them behind his head. "Would come again," Tanjiro says, throwing his cola can at a trash can.

Then, some bushes began to rustle, and everyone was startled. "Do any of you hear that?" he asked his classmates, as the bush began to rustle louder and faster, until eventually, a dog jumped out. It then walked away, not acknowledging the 19 people in front of it.

"Oh. Just a dog. Well, what do you all want to talk abou-" Kanao tried to bang up a conversation as multiple people jumped the 19 students walking back to Isekai's house. They captured Isekai first, who was immediately dragged away. "SHIIIIIIIII..." he yelled out as his voice began fading, becoming further away from his friends. It wasn't long before they also took Kanao, Genya, Yushiro and Muichiro.

"Agh! Let me go!" Kanao begged, trying to work free of her bindings. "Manifest- BAGH!" Genya tried to chant as he tried to use his magic, but was punched in the abdomen, fully knocking him out. Yushiro tried to fight his way out, but he was subdued, then quickly tied up. The same went for Muichiro. All five of them were tossed onto the back of a pickup truck.

"GO, GO, GO! WE GOT A BIG CATCH THIS TIME!" a demon commanded, driving away the truck. "What the hell is happening?!" Isekai asked himself, trying to work free of his bindings. The other four also tried it, but no luck.

"Isekai, no!" Aoi yells, dropping to her knees.

"Muichiro!" Yuichiro follows, trying to grasp what just happened as his genuine concern for his brother shows.

"Genya!" Nezuko and Sabito call out, as they try to chase after the truck, but they quickly lose sight of it.

"Yushiro!" Masachika yells, dropping his sword.

"No, not Kanao!" Tanjiro calls loudly, small tears forming in his eyes.

To be continued...