Chapter 64 - Shattered Hearts

The shadow emerged from the building, revealing the figure to be Kanao Tsuyuri, staring down at them. She has become a demon, a demon that now serves Muzan Kibutsuji without question.

She jumped off the building and gracefully landed on the ground. Her attire now consisted of a gray skirt, light gray vintage boots, and a gray, long-sleeved wool shirt with white buttons. She has a devil's horn on the left part of her head, her irises are now a reddish pink, and her size is 7% larger than that of her human form.

Tanjiro dared not believe what he was seeing. "Kanao...?" was his first word upon seeing her for the first time in possibly weeks. She then looked at the other three, and put her arm forward, wrapping the three of them in gigantic roots. Isekai yelled: "HEY, WHAT THE FUCK?! LET ME GO, KANAO!" as the others struggled to break free.

Kanao then turned back to Tanjiro and made a proposal. "My little "deal" should be obvious. Come on, I won't kill them, that is, if you join that man," she said straightforwardly.

At this point, Tanjiro started to cry a little. Nonetheless, he stood his ground and pulled out his sword. His response was: "Kanao, I love you, but I won't abandon my friends, especially not the one who saved me from when I was but a child!"

Kanao sighed and drew out her sword, now warped and made of her flesh. "Hm... truly a shame..." A battle between lovers sparked, and blades clashed as the two were on equal grounds. The battle went on for nearly half an hour before a pink and flexible sword got caught in the cross between Tanjiro's and Kanao's blades.

The two looked at the direction that the attack came from, and out of the darkness came the Love Hashira and the school's nurse, Mitsuri Kanroji. She landed in front of Tanjiro and kicked away Kanao.

Isekai wondered what was going on anymore. "Ms. Kanroji? What are you doing here?" he asked. Mitsuri twirled her whip-like sword around her body, giving out her response. "I came here to assist with the high activity going on in here. Now, who were you fighting- oh! This one looks so much like Kanao!"

Isekai sighed. He knew he couldn't hold the info for much longer. "Ms. Kanroji, that IS Kanao." Mitsuri was taken by mass surprise, realizing the situation she was in. "Why... why did she succumb to Kibutsuji's will?!" she asked. Isekai sighed. "She didn't. It was clear that she had no intention of turning against us. As it looks, her mind seems to be twisted, as an additional effect of the transformation," he said, giving off his theories about whether or not Kanao wanted to become a man-eating monster.

Mitsuri just sighed sadly and told Tanjiro to free his friends and flee. After Isekai, Masachika, and Genya got out of the roots, they sprinted to Isekai's motorcycle, somehow made all four of them fit into the seats, and drove away, leaving Mitsuri to deal with Kanao herself.

An hour later...

Mitsuri was half-worn out already, and Kanao had the upper hand. Before she could go any further, something stopped her. She lowered her head, and nothing happened after. It's like she shut down completely, or just went into sleep mode, much like a computer. Mitsuri was ready to take this move to try to defeat her in one fell swoop, but before she could make the swing, something was flying at her, so she blocked the attack, and jumped backward.

Out of the shadows came a well-dressed young man, who had the attire of a criminal gang boss. The man was revealed to be the criminal mastermind Muzan Kibutsuji. Mitsuri realized who she was seeing, and tightened her guard. Muzan just laughed a little, and said, "Relax, slayer. I'm not here to fight you. I'm here to retrieve Kanao. Her... *ahem* mind and body just shut down every now and then. I sent her out here to threaten Tanjiro, talking him into becoming a demon. It seems that her first mission as a criminal demon failed, due to her... hm... let's say, condition. Well then, this won't be the last time we see each other. Hopefully, you can continue Class 1-A without her. Ta-ta for now, bucko." he explains, bidding farewell as a sliding door opens out of nowhere. Muzan enters it, carrying Kanao with him. Before Mitsuri could follow him in, the door shut, and faded away.

A few seconds after the criminal left the scene, Gyomei and Giyu arrived for backup. When they asked her where the demon was, she told them the whole story.

"The demon we heard of had already been ended by the students of Class 1-A, but someone else came in for the aftermath match. I hadn't known it until just now, but Kanao has been turned into a demon," she explained. Giyu and Gyomei were unquestionably surprised.

"Kanao Tsuyuri herself? She was transformed?" Giyu asked. Mitsuri nodded and recommended that they return to base before discussing this further. Both of the men nodded, and they left the scene to head towards the Corporation's Headquarters.

To be continued...