Chapter 77.5 - Upper Moon Two: Scientist Doma

Sorry for not uploading in so long again, school's been taking a huge toll on my time management, so it was hard to find time for my writing. Hope you enjoy the coming chapters!

In the lair of Muzan Kibutsuji, in the same room that the scientist was trying to cure Kanao, the scientist was still trying to stop the fainting. So far, he had made no progress. Then, Muzan entered the room.

"Doma, how's the research going?" he asked. The demon named "Doma" answered, "No progress, still. I have no doubt that something's trying to stop me. It's as if she was already conscious." Muzan sighed. "It's likely. I've been noticing disturbances in her brain cells, as I could hear a ghostly voice that sounds like her, but much more evil and nightmarish."

"I'll keep trying. As Upper Moon Two and the best scientist at your arsenal, I will not fail. I'm getting to the bottom of this, and I will eliminate what's going on immediately," he said, determination in his eyes. Muzan closed his eyes and left the room.

Inside Kanao's mind...

Kanao's consciousness was already in the middle of the deathmatch with her soul. Since the events on Tsunan Town, her consciousness has already died ten times. Just now, she was killed an eleventh time.

She opened her eyes once more, her body fully healed. "You really need to work on your fighting skill. If you're going to kill me, you need to train a little more. Focus on our battle. Rest for now, the scientist's going hard on us again," said her evil soul, sitting down. 

"Wait, one question..." Kanao said. Her soul turned to her and asked what it was. "Who's controlling this body if you're here just talking to me every time? And also, why can't I just simply kill you? You're a form of me, are you not?" Kanao's consciousness asked, wondering about it. The soul just laughed. "When you were turned into a demon, another consciousness of yours probably spawned. I'm not the one controlling you. As for your second question, apparently, I've manifested the will and mind of that thing, but I also have the sentience and kindness of your own personality, so naturally I wouldn't give up that thing's life without a fight, but neither would I let you just die off there. Anyway, I'm off." the soul said, sinking into the floor.

"I hope you guys can do something about this..."

To be continued...