Chapter 54.5 - Paint-splat Battle Royale

I decided to do a quad-release, since I still have 20 more unpublished chapters of this story. Enjoy these four chapters, and good day/night to you. Cheers!

The entirety of Class 1-A had grouped up for teams, and there were only nineteen people. It was real unfortunate that Tanjiro's team could never find a fourth member, so it was just him, Kanao, and Isekai. Section D had finished their rounds, and it was finally time for section A to have their battles. Soon, Kanae got them loaded up in a bus, and they were driven off to a certain area.

After the trio put on their gear, they went out to their designated zones. All of the competitors' teams were equally spaced apart. After the Pre-Match time ended, Tengen and Kagaya greeted all of the students. "Helloooo competitors! Today is the Paint Royale activity for Section A! Our principal, Mr. Ubuyashiki here, will be explaining the rules."

Kagaya picked up the microphone, and began to explain. "Thank you, Uzui. Now, I will explain the functions and rules. Your helmets have digital setup visors built in them. It tells you what guns or throwables you have at your disposal, and how much health you have. Your hit point limit is 100. When all of your health is depleted, you are to stay down for the remainder of the match, and health can be recovered by using paint cleaners, such as sprays. You cannot use Magics, neither can you use weapons you, yourself, have brought here. You cannot have more than two weapons at hand, and there is not to be any form of physical fighting. Lastly, you aren't able to revive your allies. Mr. Uzui will now be explaining features and functions of the area." he explains as he passes the microphone back to Tengen.

The loud man clears his throat, then begins to explain the fun parts about this. "So, there will be paintball weapons laid across this area. The closer to the center you are, the better stuff you have. In every corner of the place, there are Fortresses. Inside them have 5 floors' worth of labyrinths, and around the place are people with paintball guns. Take them down, and their weapon is yours. In the fifth floor, a guardian with a powerful weapon will be waiting for you, and they have a ton of bulkiness. Take him down, and you'll be rewarded handsomely. Four minutes after the game begins, we will release a gas that will damage you constantly. In other words, the safe zone shrinks every now and then. We will also drop Lucky Boxes. Inside 'em, you can get weapons ranging from a crappy handgun, all the way to a paintball light machine gun." Isekai nodded, and from another area, Shinobu crossed her arms.

That'll be all for the explanation folks. 3... 2... 1... GO!" he called.

Kanao, Tanjiro and Isekai were running alongside each other. The first thing Tanjiro found a was a tactical paint grenade, while Kanao found a revolver, and Isekai found water spray that had a + sign on it. "I think I found healing things..." he said, passing a bottle to Tanjiro and Kanao. When they passed by a shrub, Tanjiro could smell someone. "Guys, I think I can smell Aoi, Inosuke, and Ozaki. Murata, too."

Isekai grinned, replying: "Good. They're dying first." as he finds a shotgun he found while passing through a dumpster.

Ozaki heard rustling, so she jerked her head left, ready to find out what jumps out. "Guys, be on guard. I might be wrong, but someone can see us." Ozaki said. A long pause filled the area, before suddenly, Isekai jumped out behind them, and badly damaged Aoi. "Wha-" Aoi questions as she looks behind her, only to get shot again by another round, and be eliminated.

Ozaki pulled out two pistols, and held Isekai at gunpoint. Murata did the same but with a marksman, and Inosuke was holding a paint sprayer that functions like a thermite.

Isekai called out: "Now!" as Kanao pops out of the bush, and headshots Murata twice, eliminating him. Ozaki turned around and nearly shot her, but Isekai blasted another round, also knocking her out. Before Inosuke could do anything, Tanjiro's grenade blew up on Inosuke, also knocking him out.

Tengen noticed that Ozaki's team, labeled 1-AD was eliminated. He announced it. "Team 1-AD is eliminated! 14 teams left."

Tanjiro picked up Inosuke's sprayers and Murata's marksman, which Kanao tossed away because it was empty. They left the area, and went off to encounter a fortress they saw while passing by Shinobu's team flawlessly eliminating a team of second-years.

Tanjiro tapped Kanao's shoulder, then pointed at the towering building. "Five floors... Should we really do this?" Kanao asked. Isekai nodded. "We need better weapons. The ambush on 1-AD was nearly botched, and the fire interval on this shotgun is complete shit." he ranted as he reloaded the paint. They entered the fortress.

Isekai took the lead, trying to bring them through the maze. They shot down a few guards on the way, most of them being instantly eliminated by a close-up of Isekai firing his shotgun. Eventually, they made it to the second floor. This went on until they finally reached the fifth floor, where they saw a bright, metal and gold treasure chest. When they tried to walk up to it, however, the chest was chained up, and lifted. A hulking figure of a man crashed onto the floor. It carried a large paint machine gun.

Isekai cocked up his gun, grinned, then said: "Alright, mates. Let's get ready to blow some heads off with our guns."

To be continued...