Volume 5: One's Limits

Start from the beginning

It was forbidden for an attacking team to come into contact with the other side's attacking team. The rules stated that the offense had to focus as much as possible on capturing the flag.

"Anyone who wants to die, bring it!"

Sudou drove right into the opponents' defensive line. Using his height, and a level of power unimaginable for a first-year high schooler, he tore through the students around the flag, one after another.

"Stop him! Stop Sudou!" shouted someone from Class A. A number of students on the defending team surrounded Sudou.

"Hey, you guys. Come quick! Here, I'll clear the way!" yelled Sudou, not even looking back while he shouted instructions to his allies.

Now that some Class A students were out of the way, Hirata and I sneakily made our way to their flag. Or should I say casually walked up to it.

"Hello Shibata-kun." Hirata said with a warm smile.

"Oh, hey Hirata."

"How goes the situation?"

"Well, Sudou looks to be having a hard time, since Kanzaki and the others are trying to stop him with full force."

"That sounds nice. Could you let go of this pole for me?"

"Ah sure, I must be in the way."

Shibata readily let go of their flag. Then suddenly, Hirata and I pushed it with all our might until it started falling to the ground.

"Huh!? Hold on wait a minute!"

As Sakayanagi-kun explained earlier, we used the surprise sequence here. Hirata casually started up a conversation then suddenly, we just started pushing a pole over. Shibata took way too long to assess the situation.

Their flag fell and the whistle blew, ending the round. The first point goes to White Team.

"Dang, I never expected you to be the tricky type Hirata-kun." Shibata said.

"Please take no offense, I was just sticking to our little plan." His warm smile never faltered.

"No worries man, this is a competition after all. I'll be keeping an eye on you two though." He said, heading off to apologize to his team.

Once we got back to our flag, Sudou, some of our classmates, and even those from Class B were laughing like it was going to be their last. 

"No way! That worked!?"

"Hahahaha! Sakayanagi-kun is a genius!" 

Unfortunately for Class A, their kindness was used against them this time. This is a good lesson for them to reflect on. 

Still, we won based on luck. We didn't know if they would actually move away for us, and there was also the fact that Class D might've taken our flag first.

"Hey Katsuragi-kun, you guys will attack next." Hirata said.

"No problem, everyone in formation."

"Lets win this next one!" Sudou shouted.

Yasushi POV

"Fufufufufufufu!"

Arisu was laughing up a storm, and even Kamuro was trying to hide her own laughter.

"Fufufufufu, that was the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while. You may just be a genius yet Yasushi-kun."

"Sigh...I really needed to see something funny."

It was incredibly funny how the plan actually worked. It worked so well that I actually feel bad for Class A to take advantage of how nice they are. 

"There's no freaking way. How the hell did that even work?" Kamuro said, recovering her composure.