Chapter 53

On the day of the Oscars
Hailey's POV:

Kendall and I getting ready in our hotel suite for the vanity fair Oscars after-party event. Kendall is doing also a video for Vogue, I guess? And I'm getting ready in the room next to hers so that she can do her video without me being there. But Oscar escaped to Kendall's room and will be probably in the video. It's not that he isn't used to cameras because he loves cameras. He even owns an Instagram account. I'm a nervous wreck right now because I will see Alex after a long time and the worst part is that I will see him with Hailee Steinfeld, his girlfriend? I don't know what they are they don't even know what they are. That's at least what Kendall told me. The only thing about their relationship is that Hailee makes him happy. She makes him really happy maybe even more than I did. But I still won't give up because no one in the entire world would make me happier than him. I know what I'm talking about because I tried it my entire life. And it didn't work out. There was always something missing. And with Alex, it was something else. It was perfect I felt not like something was missing because everything was there. There was even too much of it. Maybe that's why I was overwhelmed with the situation and did this big mistake that I will never forget and will hate myself for the rest of my life.

Kendall and I are almost ready for the event. Jen is doing just the last few moves on our hairs and then we are good to go. We are both wearing long dresses. Kendall is wearing a dress designed by Balenciaga it's a customized dress for her. And I am wearing a dress designed by Yves Saint Lauren. We both got into our car and drive to the venue. After a long drive, we arrive at the venue. We had so much traffic. It's like this every time a big event is happening in LA. At first, I got out of the car and walked to the Blue carpet of the vanity fair and then Kendall joined me on the blue carpet. We both posed separately for the cameras and then walked together to the interview talks. As I was interviewed by the one and only E! Entertainment I saw on the side of my eyes that Hailee Steinfeld was walking on the blue carpet. I couldn't see Alex around her. Is he not coming? But Kendall said that he will come to the party. Then I looked back at Hailee and noticed that she looks gorgeous.

She was posing for the cameras and then Alex walked over to her

She was posing for the cameras and then Alex walked over to her. And he posed with her together. The paparazzi went crazy as they recognized him and they throw questions at them if they were together or not. I was curious too but I know that they won't answer this question here. I checked up on Alex and he looks so handsome every time I see him. But with the suit, he was wearing he looks more handsome. It's not what he usually would wear for events like this but it still looks perfect on him.

Alex's POV:

Alex's POV:

I joined Hailee on the carpet and the paparazzi asked us so many questions. Most questions were if we were together. Hailee and I decided before we came here that we would stay as friends and nothing more because after the other day with Kendall and Devin I noticed that I still love Hailey and that is not going to change. That's why I thought that it would be best if we end this thing that is going on between us. And we are going also to tell the paparazzi about this. Well, we are not going to say everything but we will not hide that we had something. After the Carpet photos, we walked over to the interview section. The first thing I saw were her eyes. She was also looking me in the eyes at that moment and it felt like the whole world stopped for a minute. I saw hope, love, and sadness in her eyes. I could see that she was also missing me. I diverted my eyes then away from her and looked at Hailee.

We walked to E! and they immediately asked the question we were waiting for. "Hailee, I have to ask this question are you and Alex together?" the interviewer asks. "Do you want to answer or shall I?" Hailee asks me. "Ladies first." I say to her with a smile. "How nice of you, to answer your question we are not together. We had something going on but you couldn't say that it was a romantic relationship. But it's over, we decide to stay as good friends because we noticed that we wouldn't be a good couple. In the time when we ware a thing we were more like friends and not as a couple. This is why we ended it before it got bad between us." Hailee tells the interviewer. "So you both are single and ready to mingle am I right?" "Yes, yes we are. Well, at least Hailee is I'm still not on the level to date someone new." I say to her. Then she asked us more questions which we answered and then we walked into the venue.

It was a weird night for me because we decided to join Kendall and co and that was the worst idea that I made tonight because I was sitting between Hailey and Hailee and it was more than awkward. Kendall tried to talk to me but I'm still not talking to her. We decided to talk after the vanity fair. That will be probably tomorrow. Because Kris invited me over to dinner. She wants to talk with me about something business-related. And she also told me that the whole family will be there. This is why the chance that I will see Kendall tomorrow is high. No one knows that Hailee and I are not a thing anymore. We told no one, not even our parents. I'm sure that they will be devasted because both of our moms were convinced that we would marry someday.

It was 2 am and we were at a club in downtown. The girls changed into some comfy clothes and I was still wearing the same outfit. Everyone except me and Hailey are drunk as fuck. They can't even stand. Kendall can't go home like this and Hailee also can't go home like this because her brother would kill her if he sees her in this condition. This is why I'm taking both girls to me and Hailey is going to help me. "Hailey, can you look after these two for a few seconds? I will walk over to the security and ask them to look out for any paparazzi!" I say and she nods. I walk over to security. "Hey, guys can one of you do me a favor and look outside for any paparazzi?" I ask them. "Sure no problem!" one of them says and walks out. After a few minutes, he comes back. "There wasn't any obvious paparazzi but there was some guy who looked like a paparazzi but I'm not sure. He wore all black and had no cameras in his hands but he had glasses on and he was looking all the time here and there. Either way, he is a paparazzi or a drug dealer!" the guy says. I can't risk the potential of a paparazzi because if Kendall goes once again on the tabloids because of her drinking then we both will hear something from Mama K and Caitlyn. Also, I will hear something from my parents. And I can't take this right now. "Do you have any escape door or a back door?" I ask them "yeah we have a door for the VIPs," he says. "Okay that's cool can someone go to the vale and ask him to drive the car to the door?" they both nod and I walk back to the girls.

We all escape from the back door and get quickly as possible in the car. Because we have two drunks it took us longer than expected but to our luck, no paparazzi saw us. That's at least what we think right now. In this whole situation, I couldn't even register that I'm sitting with my ex-fiancé in the same car. It's awkward between us because we didn't see each other for almost 4 months and now she is sitting next to me in a car where it is completely silent so the kids in the back can sleep peacefully. I can sense that she is now and then looking at me but I can't turn my head around to her. It's not that I can't do it because of the traffic. Since there is no traffic at all. It's just that I don't dare to turn my head to her because if I do it I know that she will talk to me and I'm in no condition to do this right now!

We arrived an hour ago at home and I got the girls in their room. Hailey is still here because she thinks that I will drive her home but I won't. She will be also staying here. I'm doing her bed at the moment and she is waiting downstairs. I walk downstairs and see her almost falling asleep on the couch. So I walk over to her and grab her and carry her to her room. "Alex what are you doing?" she asks me sleepy. "I'm taking you to your because you are too tired to go home and it's late to be outside. So you are stating and don't even protest! You know that you can't win this over!" I say to her and she nods and snuggles her head more in my neck. I walk into the room and lay her on the bed and leave the room so that she can sleep. I go to my room and for the first time in a long time, I'm happy. I'm happy because I know that the woman of my life is just a few doors away from me and that she still loves me. I can see it in her eyes and also Kendall told it too. With that thought, I fell asleep.