Chapter 5

Veronica's POV:

I have to say that Mrs. Bieber is a very beautiful woman. And the outfit she is wearing today suits her very well. 

The tension between Mr

The tension between Mr. Harper and Mrs. Bieber is very big. It's so uncomfortable to sit in this room with both of them right now. I wonder what kind of relationship they have. They clearly have a past you can sense that. I have to dig into this later, now I have to concentrate on the case. We just decided to go through the file with Mrs. Bieber together, if we would've questions that she could answer right away.

After 2 hours we were finally done with the file. Mr. Harper told Mrs. Bieber that we would win this case. Whereupon Mrs. Bieber very happy was, as she knew that she was on the right side in this case.

Alex's POV:

I offered both women to go eat something after this intense meeting and both accepted the offer of mine.
We decided to go to a pasta restaurant in West Adams called "Cento Pesto Bar" I've never been there but Veronica says they have good pasta. And who doesn't love good pasta?

We decided to sit outside and just enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant

We decided to sit outside and just enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant. We all ordered some pasta and started to talk about life and other things. Hailey and I told Veronica about our past. She said that she assumed that we had a past but she thought more like a boyfriend and girlfriend thing. I wish would've been that way. We sat very long in that restaurant without noticing how fast the time flew away. As we noticed how late it is I paid and we left the restaurant. I decided to drop both ladies home because they both had one or two glasses of wine and hence I didn't want them to drive in a Uber.
First, we dropped Veronica off because her house was near to the restaurant. We did our goodbyes and she said that she will be sharp at 8 am at my house. I told her that it would be enough if she is on time for the company but she insisted, so I gave in and said okay. I walked with her to the front door and introduced myself to her husband so he knew who I am and gave him my number just in case. He was a polite guy and they both looked very happy together. I said goodbye and got in the car.
Hailey already put her address in my navigation and we drove out of the driveway. After 20 minutes I noticed that we live in the same street just 2 houses away from each other. But I didn't tell her.

Alex: "Here we are" I said looking in her way, just to see that she fall asleep. She looked so cute and instead of waking her up, I decided to admire her face a little bit more. As I watched her sleeping she stirred in her sleep and started to make noises, I think she is dreaming?

Hailey: A-Alex don't please! I'm beginning you don't leave me! I can't without it! Plea- Noo don't you dare to close your eyes" I think she has a nightmare about me? But why? Well, I have to wake her up before it gets worse.

Alex: "Hails come on wake up we are at your house"

Hailey: "Please call someone 911 please my husband is dying please" I got out of the car and opened her car door because it was no use to wake her up in that way.

Alex: "Hails please wake up your just dreaming, we are not in a car accident and I'm perfectly fine please wake up you're worrying me"

Hailey: "Al- Alex please open y-your eyes p-please. NOOOOOOOOOO" with that scream she wakes up and I immediately hug her.

Alex: "Shhh baby everything is fine, it was just a dream we are both perfectly fine look we are standing in your driveway and nothing happened to us." After what I said she looked me in the eyes and then in her surroundings and realized that everything was a dream. She calmed a little bit down but I was still holding her so she could calm down properly. 10 minutes later she calmed completely down.

Hailey: Álvaro I'm so sorry that I got you so worried. I had to tell you that my dreams can get pretty intense for me. Again I'm sorry for it. She said with an apologetic smile.

Alex: "Hey, it's no biggie don't worry about it okay?" I tried to calm her down "Do you have these dreams very often?"

Hailey: "Yeah I have these dreams for over 7 or 8 years I went to so many doctors all over the world and everyone's response was the same. I am perfectly fine. They said it's probably something with my mind but I also went to so many therapy sessions but it didn't help, the doctors say it has something to do with my past. An unsolved chapter of my life or something like that. But yeah I kinda got used to it."

Alex: "Oh okay, well I hope that you get over these nightmares soon and can sleep peacefully." She just smiled "Can you walk to your front door or should I walk you there?"

Hailey: "I don't think that Justin's at home, if it wouldn't be too much could you walk me to my room?"

Alex: "Yeah sure, if you think you are still under the influence of your dream. And you don't have to worry about me I'm living two houses further from here. So it won't take me long to get home." She smiled and nodded at my response. I brought her to her room and placed her on her bed.

Hailey: "I can take it from here but thank you" she said whilst hugging me. Did I miss her hugs. We stayed for a bit too long in that position. After the long hug we separated and just looked each other in the eyes and we were dangerously close to each other. Before I could do anything she kissed me and I kissed her back. But before it could get out of my hand I pushed myself back. "Oh my god Álvaro I'm so sorry it should not have happened, I'm just so dumb" she scolded herself

A: "Hey it's okay, it was just not your fold I kissed you back okay don't be upset at yourself and besides it always takes two on this, so it's partly my fault." I reassured her "It was something that shouldn't happen but it did happen and we are both grownups who can handle this situation and promise that this will never happen again right?"

H: "But what if it wasn't a mistake? What if I liked it and want maybe more than just a kiss from you?
I still have feelings for you Álvaro"

A: "Honey come on we both know that the alcohol is speaking in you, you don't mean any of that."

H: "You know what they say: drunk people and children always speak the truth." She slurred the words out.

A: "Hails come on it's time for bed and you won't even remember this moment tomorrow when you wake up. But if you still feel the same then come and talk to me okay?" "Okay, night night" "Good night Hails".
And with that being said I made my way home.