Chapter 3

Hailey's POV:

Here I was with my husband standing in front of my ex-best friend after 10 years. What a beautiful way to reunite with your ex-best friend or should I say the boy I was in love with and still am. Yeah, you read it right I was in love with Alex since the first time I saw him. It was love at the first sight. You probably think right now why didn't you text or called him after the letter that he gave the day of his departure. I was afraid that this whole love thing would destroy our friendship and I didn't want him not in my life because of a stupid crush. So I did not do anything and still lost him 😔. Maybe if I didn't chicken out at that time, we would've been married right now and had probably kids. Now it's too late to think about all of that. Because I'm married to a man who I love just enough to spend my life with him. Okay, not even I believed myself but at least I tried.

Alex's POV:

Hailey: "Hey Alex, it's good to see you. How are you?" she said with an awkward smile.

Alex: "Oh hey Ba- Hailey, I'm good just a bit stressed about my new partnership with the biggest law company in California. How are you?" Omg did I nearly say babe to her whilst her husband was standing with us. Could this get any worse?

Hailey: "Oh really, congratulations on your new job. The biggest law company I'm impressed Álvaro" oh how much I missed it that she called me by my middle name. It was just our thing to call each other by their middle names. "Well, I'm really good, happily married for nearly 5 years with this handsome guy here" she said pointing to her husband.

Alex: "Oh yeah. you are her husband right. Bro I have to say you should call yourself lucky because you married a woman like Hailey. I promise you can't find anyone better than her. I tried and I couldn't" I mumbled the last part so that he couldn't hear it but Hailey did. And she blushed after what I said.

Justin: "Yeah I know, I'm so lucky to have her in my life I was never so happy. It's like a blessing. I fall every day more in love with her. Every morning I wake up and thank my lucky stars to have this girl on my side." He said with a love-struck face.

Hailey's POV:

Is he being serious if he is so in love with me why am I catching him every fucking week cheating on me with some random girls??? If he is so in love with me why is he not paying attention to me???
It's just everything a lie to let people think that we are happy and in love. Ughhh I hate this why can't we just get a divorce? I want nothing more than to be free. But there is so much to lose if I am the one who wants the divorce. The problem is it doesn't look like Justin wants a divorce any soon. So I'm doomed to spend my life with him.

Vanessa: "Hails oh my look at you, you look amazingly sexy. Who are you trying to seduce honey?" She said as she checked me out. As she mentioned my outfit I saw how Alex's eyes roamed my outfit too. I blushed at the attention I got from him. Justin had just a disgusting smirk on his face like he was trying to say that this look was for him. But it wasn't for him it was for someone else.

Justin: "Yeah babe, why did you wear this didn't you want to wear the one dress that was a one-piece and had no cutout on the legs like this one. The other dress was better but this looks just very sexy on you." He said with a weird face.

(That was the original dress)

Hailey: "Yeah but I liked this dress more so I thought why not and I know that my mom liked this dress more, that's why I decided to wear it." Justin just nodded at my answer.

Alex: "Well guys it was good to see you I guess but unfortunately I have to go, I forgot that I have a little dinner meeting with one of the partners." He said as he ignored our presence and just kept texting with someone. Why is he smiling? Does he have a girlfriend? Or is he going to a meeting? Hailey! Don't! Just don't it, you are married for goodness sake. Yeah with someone I barely love. Ugghh why is it always me?

Mom & Dad: "Oh Alex where are you going?" They said both at the same time and laughed because they were so in sync.

Alex: "I have a meeting with one of my partners that I forgot and I can't postpone this meeting. I'm so sorry that I can't stay longer, but I have to go."

Kennya: "Oh don't worry honey, we can wait but your career can't so go and you can make it up to us now that you live here in L.A." My mom said to him with a sincere smile.

Stephen: "Exactly, just don't be a stranger after today. Let's just be like the old times okay?"

Alex: "I promise you guys, that this won't be the last time you see me and I will try to come as often as I can. Pinky promise" He said and said bye to everyone and left the event.

———————————————————————

Do you think that Alex lied about the meeting or is he going?