Chapter 39

Kendall's POV:

I got ready and texted Hailey to meet me at Nobu. I was wearing some black trousers and a white sweatshirt with a long coat. Because it was a little bit cold today.I went to one of my old-timers and drove out of my garage. Gigi called me on the way to the meeting with Hailey and asked if I would confront her. But I couldn't give her an answer because I don't know either. I think we will see it once I'm there and talking with her.

I arrived at the restaurant and Hailey was already there because I could see her. I walked into the restaurant and she was busy with her phone. She was texting with someone and smiling. I looked at my phone to know what time it is. It was 12:38 am the person she is texting with isn't Alex because he told me that he will have a meeting today at 12:30 am and that it will last a few hours. And Alex shuts his phone always down or doesn't bring it with him to the meeting. I hope the person she is texting with is not Justin because then I will go through the roof.

I walked over to her. As I was standing in front of her she noticed my appearance. She looked up at me and smiled. She stood up to greet me with a hug. I had already my acting face on. But I will confront her definitely because she can be happy after the things she did to her fiancé, so she deserves the lecture that she needed at the beginning of their relationship.

We hugged each other and sat on opposite sides of the table. "Hailey you look ravishing like always with your black leather trousers and your beige coat." I said and she just smiled and thanked me. "Well Kendall I have to say you look also hot as well." she said with a flirty smile on her face. Oh, sweet little Hailey that smile on your face will vanish in a few minutes. "What do you want to eat?" she asked me as she looked at the menu. "I don't know. What do you want?" she thought a little bit? "I think I will order the usual." "Okay then I will order the same thing," I said and she nodded.

We ate our food and right now we were about to pay the bill. I suggested stopping by a coffee shop and talking for a little while because I had something "important" to tell her. And she accepted my offer. We walked together out of the restaurant and decided to ride together to the coffee shop. Hailey called her driver so that he could pick up the car because she wanted to drive with me.

On our way to the shop, I started to talk about her trip to New York.
"How was your week in New York?" I asked her and she looked tense at my question. "It was good. I could see my family and could finish finally the work I wanted for so long." she said. And then it went silent. Now it's time to start with my confrontation.
"That's all? Did you meet someone else? Maybe from your past or something like that?" I clearly could how tense she got and how she started to panic. "N-no" she stuttered. "Oh really? Because I heard that you came across with your ex-husband." she looked at me in shock. "H-How did you fi-find about that?" "Oh well Hailey I have my connections you know and I know that you did something with Justin that you weren't supposed to do." I said. She didn't say anything so I talked more. "I found out that you slept with him and not just once. You slept with him several times! I don't care if you were drunk or something else Hailey! You shouldn't be with him at his apartment in the first place. Or you shouldn't even talk to him, Hailey. You started to cheat on Alex the moment when you talked with him and hang out with him! I don't know how dumb you could be, that you thought that your ex wanted just a friendship. Hailey no one's ex wants just a friendship! Especially if you are in a serious relationship with someone else." I was so furious right now. I couldn't even drive properly so I pulled over. "HAILEY LOOK AT ME!" I screamed at her.

She turned her face to me and I could see that she was crying but couldn't care less about her crying right now. "I'm sorry I didn't want any of those things to happen." she whispered. "Yeah but happened Hailey. You can't turn that over or travel back in time and make that issue not happened because it already happened. The only thing you can do right now is to tell Alex everything!" I told her. "No no no I can't do that Kendall. I can't tell him that I cheated on him. He will freak out and when he finds out that the guy I slept with is Justin he will kill him. I can't do that. How will I look at his face? I can't. Justin and I were just a big mistake. And it will never happen again! I promise you." she had a pleasing look on her face. "I don't care Hailey you will him tell and that as soon as possible! Do you understand me?" I said to her. She knew that she can't convince me to not tell him so she accepted the offer. "Okay, I will tell him but not right now. Give me two weeks. Let me plan his birthday party and let him enjoy his birthday and after that, I can and will tell him everything!" she said. I wasn't convinced at all nonetheless I accepted it and drove Hailey home.

Hailey's POV:

I screwed up so big. As Kendall confronted me I thought she will force me to tell Alex but as she agreed with the two-week deadline I was beyond happy. I promised her to tell Alex everything after his birthday party and that's what I will do. I don't know how I'm going to survive this because I know that he will break up with me. But right now I have to concentrate on preparing his birthday party. His birthday is in two weeks. It's a Saturday and I planned to make the party on Friday night and then we will celebrate his birthday at midnight.

When Kendall arrived at Alex and I's house I got quickly out without saying anything and stormed into our house. I know that Alex isn't home because he told me that he will arrive late today. He has some meetings. That makes my job easier because if he isn't around I can invite his sister easily over and plan with her everything here.