Chapter 8

Few hours later
Hailey's POV:

Vanessa and me are sitting on the couch in Alex's living room whilst he is in his gym saloon downstairs and powering himself out. After we came home he locked himself in his room and stayed there for good 5 minutes and then he came out with his gym clothes. He stormed right away without saying anything or looking at us. You could see how angry he was at himself for beating the shit out of the paparazzi and making a big scene. He always hated that his impulsiveness gets over him and he doesn't see anything but rage in that moment but after his impulsiveness disappears he realizes what damage he did to himself and sometimes to other people too. Back then as a kid it was worse than it's right now. I see that he made a huge progress within the years. The outbursts are not so frequent anymore.

We sat for like nearly 2 hours and waited for him to come out of his gym but he didn't. After over 4 hours he came out. Once he saw us he was shocked to see us. He probably thought that we would be already gone.

Alex: "What are you guys still doing here?" "Vanessa shouldn't you be packing your stuff for tomorrow and Hailey shouldn't you be home with your husband?" Oh yeah did I mentioned that his last step through this kind of phases is to get pissed at everything.

Vanessa: "We're just worried Al, you were for over 4 hours in the gym and powered yourself out. And I know you. So we decided to stay until we know that you eat and drank enough to survive after this gym session" I just stayed quite the whole time because I didn't know what to say. He is in this position because of me. So what could I say?

Alex: "Then I'm assuming that everything is ready in the kitchen for me?" Nessa just nodded "Okay let me shower quickly, you can already start if you want" He said and got upstairs to change in his room. After a few minutes he came downstairs with this outfit.

We just sat at the at the kitchen table and ate our food in silence

We just sat at the at the kitchen table and ate our food in silence. No one uttered a word. I was still feeling guilty about the whole thing and Nessa probably knew what the best thing was to do after such a day with Alex outburst, after all she is his sisters.

Afterwards I decided to go home would be the best decision for myself so I bit Alex a goodbye and Nessa walked me to the door and I said goodbye to her too because she will be not around for a few weeks and I will probably miss her. Thereafter I got home and laid in my bed.

3 days later
General POV:

Hailey had today her trial and Alex was still her lawyer. She thought after everything that happened 3 days ago she wouldn't see his face for a long time because the next day they both were all over the internet. And there were so many rumors about them and what happened that day. The most articles were twisted but they did expect this to happen like always! But the problem was fixed fast with the help of Alex and his connections. The articles, hashtags, tweets and even posts were within a few hours all gone. It was like it never happened.

Both of them decided to go separately to the trial, just in case. Alex came earlier than Hailey, just to get prepared for the case and Hailey came 20 minutes after him.

Both of them were waiting for the trial to start

Both of them were waiting for the trial to start. The trial took nearly 1 long hour but at the end Hailey and Alex did win the case. To say that Hailey was happy was underestimated. She was beyond that they won the case. They both decided to celebrate this win with a dinner. This time they both drove with one car to the restaurant. Because Hailey wanted to drink and Alex told her that he would drop her home. And Alex's driver did pick up Hailey's car and drove it home.

At the restaurant
Hailey's POV:

As we sat on our table we ordered our food and drinks. I was so nervous right now because I'm going to tell Alex that I decided to divorce Justin.

Hailey: "Alex I need to tell you something, don't worry it's nothing bad at least not for me or for you" He had a confused and worried face. I was playing with my fingers and my leg was already shaking. " We thought really long about it and came to the conclusion that Justin and I-actually just me thought about this and I wanted to ask you if you could help me with my problem? You probably think right now how am I gonna help you with something I don't even know what it is. The problem your gonna help me with is that I want to divorce my husband. So can you help me please?" I rambled all the words. I don't know if he understood anything I told him because it was so fast.

Alex: "So let me get this straight, you want a divorce and want me as your lawyer?" And I just nodded. "I would love to be your lawyer Hails but your case is family law and I don't do family law!" After his words I became disappointed because he rejected me. "But I know someone who could help you with this case. Don't worry the lawyer who will help you is as good as me." He said and called the lawyer who should help me to meet up with us.

20 minutes later Alex received a messaged that the person is here and he stood up so he could see them. It turns out that the lawyer he was talking about is his assistant Veronica. She got recently her degree and I will be her first case if I will accept her as my lawyer. She wanted me to think about it because she is still new to this. But I decided that I want her as my lawyer cause I know that she learnt from the best.

———————————————————————