Chapter 12

Hailey's POV:

It was our last day in London. The girls and I had to leave for an event in New York. Alex won't come back until he solves his case with his new client as in his ex-girlfriend. So we have to separate. It will be hard but I believe that we will survive without each other for a few days or a few weeks. We all got ready and packed our stuff. Our flight is in three hours. But we have to leave now since the airport is one hour away from the Harper mansion. As I was taking a picture for Instagram Alex came out of the bathroom and he looked so hot. He has two different kinds of style one where he wears just classic and elegant and the other is his street style with baggy clothes and the freshest shoes and accessories.

 He has two different kinds of style one where he wears just classic and elegant and the other is his street style with baggy clothes and the freshest shoes and accessories

Alex said that we have to drive in two cars

Alex said that we have to drive in two cars. So we split up Kendall and I drove with Alex and the Hadid sisters with Vanessa. On our way to the airport, Kendall asked so many questions about Alex and me and It was getting annoying. Okay I understand you are looking out for me and you care for my well-being I get but still, you don't have to be that curious. This was exactly the conversation:

"Okay guys we are right now alone so I want to ask you a few questions about you two. First of all Alex what are your intentions with my best friend?" "My intentions with your best friend is right now to be friends and in the future, something more and I have no bad intentions with her I want her my wife someday." He said with love-showing eyes.
"Oh wow, okay but you know that Hailey is married right so she can't have a relationship with you?" "Yes, I'm aware of it so that's why I said I just want a good friendship with her for right now" Is she dumb? "Can you promise that you won't leave her like you left her 10 years ago?" "I can't promise this because I don't know what happens in the future but if I have to leave her then it will be against my own will. If you know what I mean?" "Oh you mean like you die or something?" He just nodded his head. "Good, I just have one last ques-" I interrupted her "Kendall just shut up, please. I understand that you are looking out for me. BUT I know what I'm getting myself into and don't worry Alex won't break my heart if someone breaks someone's heart in this relationship it would be probably me because it's always me." I said those lines whilst looking into his face and forgetting about Kendall in the backseat. "The time when you moved to London, I didn't call you on purpose. I had feelings for you too at that time but I knew that it was useless to get in touch with you. There were so many reasons that would complicate things. And I regret till this day that I didn't call you. I know from your sister that you got a phase right after the move, depression because I didn't call you. Then you had heart problems right and the cause of the depression and heart problems was me right?" He was just silent. He couldn't look me in the eyes. At that moment I felt so terrible. After a few minutes of silence he spoke "Babe please don't beat yourself up you had your own right reasons to not get in touch with me and you weren't the only reason why I had these problems." He tried to reassure me and hold my hand and kissed it. "But I still had a role in this whole thing" I was on the verge of crying and Alex noticed it and drove the car on the side of the road. He got out and opened my door and opened my seatbelt and put me out of the car and hugged me. And whispered little soothings in my ear. We hugged like 5 minutes like that and I couldn't calm down so he just kissed me multiple times till I called down. He knew that his kisses would calm me down. After that, we got back in the car and hit the road again.

The moment we stepped a foot into the airport I got sad because I have to leave my teddy bear here. Yeah, I call him a teddy bear because he looks sometimes like a teddy. We just cuddled till our flight. Then came the announcement for our flight and we had to say goodbye. It was hard for me to leave him here but I had no other choice.

"Hailey I promise you, the minute I'm done with the case I will be with you okay?" "Okay but I still don't want to leave you in the last few weeks I was so used to having you around, that it will be weird right now" "I know babe but we will see each other soon" He hugged me the last time and then hugged the girls. I still don't like how he acts with Gigi. I just can't get the picture out of my head. Also, that will probably take time till I'm okay with this.

After everyone bid their goodbyes we got on the plane and decided to sleep because we knew once we land we won't sleep for a long time.