Chapter 43

Hailey's POV:

Everyone is looking at me and I feel like shit. I cheated on my fiancé who loves me with his whole being. I was too dumb and cheated on him with my ex-husband. On top of that, we texted for almost two weeks and I didn't feel bad for texting with Justin. Even if we didn't text like lovers. But I noticed that he changed and is different. A good kind of different. He showed me in the last two weeks more attention than he did in our marriage which lasted 5 years. I don't know how I feel about him or this situation. I'm kind of relieved that Alex did find it out but on the other side, I'm heartbroken.

As I look around I see that a furious Vanessa is coming in my way. "How could you do this to my brother Hailey? After all the things he did for you! I can't believe how you could act for the last two weeks as nothing happened and did the planning for his birthday! Did you even love him? Because it looks like you didn't! Do you know that he came back for you? He didn't come back to LA because of the job offer. He came back for you Hailey! He knew you were going through a tough time and he came back to be your safe place. So that you could be happy somewhere!" she screamed at my face. I didn't know that he came back for me. "When I look at your dumbfounded face. I assume you didn't know about this but that doesn't matter anymore because you broke him. He sacrificed so many things for you Hailey so many things that you don't know about. Believe me when I say that you would be ashamed if you would find out everything he did for you! It's sadly not my place to tell you but if I could I would do that gladly!" she said and left with her parents. What did he sacrifice for me?

Zayn walks over to me and looks me in the eyes with disgust. "I can't believe you, Hailey. My best friend did nothing to you so that you act like that. I hate to say this but I was so right about you! I warned him before he moved back. I warned him about your feelings and your games. But he didn't listen to me because he was so in love with you! And now he is the one who is suffering from it! How many times has he live the same scenario? I don't get what you all want from him? He is the best boyfriend/ fiancé you could ask for but every time he got cheated on." he says and laughs bitterly. "The good boys are always taking your bullshit and yet you chose the fuck boys! I don't get you, girls, at all! Sorry, I'm out of here! Bella, can you drive your sister home because I have to find my best friend?" Bella nods and he walks out of the venue.

Everyone left except the girls. They all tried to reach out to me but I was in a trance and couldn't get out. The only thing that kept going on in my head was what Vanessa said to me. I couldn't move or react to anything that the girls were saying to me. I want to know what Alex did sacrifice for me. I heard in a blur that the girls talk with me but I can't react to it or hear it properly. And then it went black.

The next day
Alex's POV:

I woke up this morning with Emily on my chest instead of Hailey. It was weird to not see her on my chest. For a moment I felt guilty. It's not that I slept with Emily or something like that. We just fell asleep in the same bed. But I still had this feeling of guilt and betrayal. What I shouldn't have, considering that Hailey did all of this to me. This time I thought that nothing would separate us and that we could get our happily after... But here we are back to the day when she left me for the other guy whose name I don't even remember anymore. I was so dumb to believe her this time and sacrifice a lot of things for her. I'm like a train wreck right now. I'm falling and no one is going to catch me. The person I never thought would throw me from that cliff was the first who did throw me from there. I always thought that she would the person who would catch me, but was I wrong. I look at my phone and see that I have several messages and missed calls from Hailey, Kendall, Nessa, Bella, Abel, Rob, and Zayn. I respond to Zayn and tell him that I'm okay and that I will leave the city for a while. He texts me back if he should drive me to the airport but I decline and say that I don't want to see anybody at the moment. He understands and texts me that I should call or text him when I land. I send him a quick ok and shut my phone off.

I realized that I can't stay in this city because everything just reminds me of her. That's why I'm right now on my way to my house to pack my stuff and then drive to the airport. I hope that Hailey isn't home because I don't think that I can see her face just now without doing or saying anything to her that could break her heart. I drive in my driveway and see not just Hailey's car but also cars that belong to the girls. Great just great. I park my car and then I walk to the front door and open it. And walk straight to my dressing room. I can see from the side of my eye that the girls notice that I'm here and looking at me. I see also that Hailey is following me into my dressing room but I don't look up to her. I'm busy finding my bags so that I can pack all my stuff.
"Alex what are you doing? Are you moving away without even listening to me? Do you want really to end our relationship?" she asks me a bunch of questions but I don't answer them and keep packing my stuff. "Alex I'm talking with you! Don't just give me the silent treatment! ALEX!" she raised her voice at me but I still didn't react to it and packed my things. Kendall joined us too and tried to get Hailey away from me but no use. I was about to go into our shared bathroom to pick the toiletries up but Hailey blocked me. "Hailey get out of my way!" I say. "Oh, now you are talking with me." she spat at my face. "Hailey please just let me pack my stuff and then I promise you that I will talk with you! But now get out of my way!" I say to her. The only thing she says is "fine" and then she moves to the side so I can go the bathroom.

I already packed all my stuff. There was just one thing left behind and that was to talk with Hailey. Do I want to? No! Do I have to? No... Yes... Ah, I don't know! The only thing I know is that I want to get far away from here and distance myself from everything. I walk back inside the house and Hailey was already waiting for me. "Okay, Hailey talk now. You have five minutes." I say to her and she starts to tell me how all of that was a mistake and that she loves me and more bullshit which I did not even listen to. Because there is no excuse to cheat on someone. "Are you done?" I ask her and she nods. "Okay, then I'm gone" I say and leave my old house and get in my car and drive to the airport.

I took a sleeping pill and slept the whole flight to Spain. It was a long flight we flew for over 12 hours. I hadn't slept like that in a long time. As we arrived at the airport in Madrid I was kind of happy to be here. I always loved this city. The people are nice, the food is delicious and the areas in Madrid are also beautiful. I already visited Barcelona, Sevilla, Malaga, Bilbao, and Madrid. It always felt like I'm home when I was in Spain. I don't know why it's like this, either the culture or the language is the reason because I know a lot about the culture and speak the language.