Chapter 31

The next morning
Hailey's POV:

I woke up with a disturbing noise in the room I slept last night. After a few seconds, I realized that it was my alarm clock on my phone. I had to wake up so we wouldn't miss our flight back home. I got up and shut the alarm down and then I got ready. Alex was not next to me when I woke up. That either means he woke up before me or he didn't sleep with me in the same bed. I took a shower and made my morning beauty routine. Usually, I don't put makeup on my face when I have to fly for a few hours but I have a meeting after we land in Los Angeles. Hence I'm wearing some classy dress and have my make-up and hair done.

I tried not to be chic because I was about to go on a flight that will take us a few hours. I could change in the jet too but I thought that I'm going to shower so that's why I did everything together instead of separately. I made my way upstairs to the seating area of the yacht to see Alex in a blue suit sitting on his MacBook and having a zoom call with his partners.

He also has a meeting after we land in L. A. and he likes to wear like this. I think he probably missed it to wear suits and classy outfits. Because here he could not always wear outfits like this one. He was so focused on his meeting that he didn't even notice my appearance. "Okay guys the event is this Saturday and I don't want to hear any obligation. That event should have happened one month ago. But because of some circumstances, it couldn't happen. And I want this thing to be finally over so let's do this event and then close the case and live happily after." what for an event? I walked slowly over to him and that's when he noticed that I'm also in the room. He checked me out for a quick second and then continued his meeting.

Before the meeting ended he told them that he would be in a few hours back and will discuss with them the rest. With that being said he ended the call and put all his attention on me. "Babe you look gorgeous." "Why thank you, baby. But I have a question. What for an event are you throwing?" he smiled at my face and answered it immediately. "It is a charity event for one of our clients. He was my first client ever and he is just a... Let's just say he is a difficult and different man. He always throws a charity event when he wins a case instead of paying us the money that he is supposed to. Now he did win a case again so he wanted to throw the event one month ago but we couldn't. So that's why I wanted it to be this weekend because after this weekend we will not have the time for it." "Oh wow, that's nice that he throws a charity event. To which charity goes the money?" "To two different ones, one is an orphanage and the other one is for kids with leukemia. The reason why it's two is just that he was an orphan and he wants to help kids like him and the other reason is that he lost one of his sons at a young age to leukemia." he looked at me with a sad smile. "It must have been hard for your client." he nodded slowly. "Yeah, my grandfather had a hard life." "Wait your grandpa? What has your grandpa to do with your client?" "The client is my Grandfather." Oh wow, Alex's grandpa. I've heard so much about him from Alex and Vanessa they both adored him and looked up to him. I've never had the chance to meet Alexander Kevin Harper the most intimidating attorney of his time. I think that I will have the honor to meet him at the event.

The whole flight we shut our phones down and put our attention on each other instead of work or other things because after the event which is in two days we won't have much time for each other at least for the next 6 months. That's a long time, hence we are using every little second that we can get to spend some alone time together. We were cuddling and talking about our wedding. "Baby I want a simple wedding with not more than 150 guests. And I want a beach wedding but we should have a tent too in case it's raining on that day. Oh, and I want to choose your suit and I want that all bridesmaids wear the same outfit or at least the same color." she was so excited about the process and itself. "Whatever you want baby you will get it. It is your dream day since you were little. And I'm here to fulfill any dream of yours." she blushed. "Thank you, baby. You are the best fiance I ever could ask for."

We still had three hours left until we land in Los Angeles and Alex and I are watching some random tv show on the tv. We are both not really paying attention to the show. Because we are both so tired and we already slept the last few hours but are still tired. The worse part is that we will be so jet-lagged after we land. That will be so hard for both of us because we will not have the time to relax. Alex has a meeting with his team right after the arrival and I have a meeting and a photoshoot. Before I could think about all the stress and lack of time we will have for each other a fell asleep.

I woke up with someone kissing me all over my face with gentle kisses and whispering little nothings. "Buenos días mi Reina, it's time to wake up. We are about to land get yourself ready so that you can go directly to your appointments." he said. I nodded slowly and snuggled more into his neck. He just laughed at my action. A few minutes later the jet landed on the ground and Alex gently stood up without moving me from him and carried me to my car and kissed me. "I love you, baby. I will see you tonight. And don't overwork yourself too much." he said and closed the door to my car. With that, my driver drove out of the VIP section of the airport.