Volume 5: Warmups and Strategies

Start from the beginning

Murmurs among my classmates began to spring up. Kikyou and Hirata who were behind me were warmly smiling at how I suggested it, while Horikita had the same expression as always.

"Okay then I guess. Sudou-kun, are you alright with it?"

"I mean uh..."

A lot of people stared at him, waiting for a reply.

"Okay okay fine, we'll do this together."

Such is the art of peer pressure. Thanks for using your puppy dog eyes Kikyou.

"I will have to agree with what he said Hirata-kun. Everyone wants to earn rewards but not everyone can compete because of their abilities. Sudou-kun can't carry everyone alone either." Horikita said.

"Then I guess its decided. Once we finish up the Raising Hands method, we'll decide on how to properly-"

"Hirata-kun as much as I'd like to get things moving along, we'd still like to mange to earn points for ourselves." A new challenger appeared. It was Shinohara.

"I also agree with this Yousuke-kun. A lot of us are getting low on points." And Karuizawa also joined.

Wait what? Ayanokouji was this you're doing? I looked at him, he shook his head. So Karuizawa is acting on her own accord. 

"You're still on that you two? How repulsive. Our priority here is to earn the rewards like class points. We can get more private points in the long run if we prioritize efficiency." Horikita said in Hirata's place.

"As much as I do want points you guys, Horikita-san here is correct. Its better to get private points in the long run." Kikyou joined the argument. 

I really don't see any logic in Shinohara and Karuizawa's complaints. I mean come on, we have an allowance of over eighty thousand points, and Karuizawa just recently got half a million thanks to the Zodiac exam. According to Kikyou girls do tend to use points more than boys do but I didn't think it goes well over one hundred thousand. 

"We may not be as smart as you Horikita-san, but even I can tell that some of us should get private points." Shinohara argued.

I put a hand on my forehead. What kind of logic was that? Is she really prioritizing convenience over efficiency and the long run?

"Are you alright Yasushi-kun?" Kikyou who was beside me, asked.

"Oh yeah, don't mind me, just a little headache."

"Its about this bitch isn't it?" She whispered so that only I could hear.

I nodded, and she giggled a bit. While they were arguing, I decided to quietly go back to my seat.

"Oi Ma- I mean Sakayanagi-kun! Why don't you tell Horikita-san about the situation of the whole class' points?" Shinohara do not use me as backup to your illogical argument.

"Shinohara-san, Horikita-san is right in almost every front of the argument." I said, sitting down.

"We have an allowance of over eighty thousand, so we should prioritize efficiency here. Just because all of you want points doesn't mean we should risk our monthly allotment by evenly dividing the weaker students to events. Well, who am I to speak? Its clear as day that I'm disabled now."

Bringing up my disability, Shinohara looked at me in shame, while Karuizawa just looked shocked. I wonder why though.

"Sigh...How about this? Majority vote. Horikita-san's plan of using some of us as decoys for the events we're weaker in, or dividing everyone to whatever they want. Hirata-kun, please count them." I said, intent on finishing the argument as fast as possible.