40

Location: the music show
Perspective: (y/n)

Right at that moment everything explodes.
As I lock eyes with Panther, we both realize what's going on. Suddenly a feeling starts to creep into my chest. Before I can react, everything explodes. My vision becomes dark. I feel cold.

After a while I regain my senses one by one. First I hear sounds. At the beginning I can't identify them, but after a while I recognize the sounds. The rotation of the helicopter blades. People who are screaming in pain. A building that collapses. Tones of rubble which hit the ground. Then I feel. I feel the vibration of the helicopter I'm sitting in. Afterwards I get my sense of smell back. I smell the rain outside. I smell the dust, which has been kicked up in the air. I smell the inside of the helicopter. Finally I can see. The men who are sitting around me are ready to slide down the ropes. So am I. As soon as the helicopter doesn't move anymore, we all take the ropes and slide down onto the ground. When my feet hit the ground I look around. The building which used to be a museum, is now a pile of rubble in the middle of the city.
We aren't the first soldiers to arrive. There are already other teams, treating the wounded and fighting the chaos. Because of the bad traffic, only a few medics are here. They all came, like us, in helicopters. Me and my men walk over towards a tent which was bild for the people in charge. We entered, got our orders, grabbed a bunch of ropes and left again. Walking up towards one of the entrances, I speak up.
"This one is the easiest to go through. Let's get as many people out of here alive as possible."
"Yes, sir!"
I get on my knees and start to crawl through the entrance. One of my men follows me. With the flashlight on my helmet, I scan the rubble for possible survivors. I crawl faster when I see a man, who's leg is stuck underneath a big part of a stairwell. The man, who looks like he is in his forties, groans in pain. The two of us crawl towards him and check if he is hurt. Although he keeps complaining about his pain, I doesn't look that bad. We start to lift the granite stone until he can move his leg out of the way. Afterwards we lead him outside. The soldiers who are waiting for us, guide him towards the next available medic.
I crawl back inside, searching for more survivors. Suddenly I hear a second explosion. The rubble around me starts to move. A brick hits the ground right next to my head. The rock I'm lying on starts to move as well. More rocks fall from above. Most of them hitting me. I get scared. Am I going to die? I just joined the military 2 years ago. I didn't do anything than train. And now I'm going to die? I feel my heart starting to beat faster and faster as more bricks hit me. Pain rushes through my body.

Suddenly I feel like I get slapped. The pain and my surroundings become blurry. Another slap and I only see blackness once again. Another slap and my head hurts. I'm lying on the stage of the music show. Panther kneeling next to me just slapped me three times. He looks angry and scared at the same time.
"You promised me that you take your pills."
"I do."
My voice sounds like someone is sharpening a sword on a stone.
"The doctor said you won't have flashbacks as long as you take them."
"He also said I can still have some, if there is a trigger."
I manage to stand up. Tiger and Wolf are leading the hostages outside. My gaze flies in the direction where I saw Yeji last time. Now she is a few meters away. Walking with her members, she follows the other idols who are listening to Tiger and Wolf. I don't see Seahawk anywhere.
"We don't know yet." I turn back towards Panther.
"Seahawk is still looking. But up until now we haven't seen a bomb."
"I will look around as well."
I stand up, ready to help Seahawk with the search for the bomb but Panther holds me back.
"You should help Tiger and Wolf with the hostages. I will check up on Seahawk."
I nod, knowing that he wants to protect me. I walk down the stage and help the two soldiers with guiding the idols out of the room.
I hear over my radio, that other teams are entering as well to get the hostages out as fast as possible, in case there is actually a bomb inside the building. Almost all of the men and women are out of the door. When I turn around, I'm suddenly faced with someone I tried to avoid until all of this was over.

______

Author's note:

Hello everyone!
I wanted to thank you all for reading and appreciating my work. This is the 40th chapter of my story and I wanted to thank you all for reading this far. This story also hit 13k a few days ago. I can't believe that so many people are reading this.

Thank you very much. I will try my best and hope you will like this story in the future as well. If you didn't know yet I am writing a second story as well. It would mean much to me if you would give it a try as well.
Please give me some feedback to improve my writing.
All of you stay healthy!