19

Locaion: Itzy's dorm
Perspective: (y/n)

Before going to sleep, I check Itzy's schedule for tomorrow one last time. They will only be having some dance practice. Despite Yuna's invite to watch them dance, I will need to by some groceries while they're busy. I used up all the left over ingredients tonight. Their fridge is literally empty.

The next morning:

I look behind me. Right then Yeji slides onto the back seat.
"Shouldn't you be eating healthy?"
She looks at me, then at the bag of snacks in her hands.
"The others ate all the leftovers from yesterday."
She pouts cutely.
I can't help cracking a smile before starting the engine.
The drive to the company goes on in silence, with the occasional munching from Yeji.

Walking down the hallway, I realize we are not the only ones that are going to take the elevator.
"Shadow."
I nod at him.
"Panther."
I greet the others with a short nod as well. When the elevator arrives we all enter in different groups. Currently I'm standing here with Tiger, Yeji, Nayeon and Sana.
I look at Tiger with curiosity. I still don't know if we got the missiles back. Nobody told me if the mission was a success in the end. When our eyes meet, he seems to understand the look on my face.
"Panther will tell you later.  Now isn't the right time."
He nods in the girls direction.
"What will he tell you?"
Yeji looks at me.
"It's not so important. Don't worry."
Tiger answers her question.
Yeji doesn't seem satisfied, but luckily she doesn't ask any further questions.

Perspective: Yeji

While walking down the hallway towards the practice room, I stare at (y/n) back. He seems like he is hiding something. Does it have to do something with his hand? I don't want him to get hurt again. I usually don't like it when someone keps a secret from me. With (y/n) it's different. I really hate it. Does it mean I like him?
Suddenly someone whispers into my ear.
"Good luck."
I turn around, seeing Sana winking at me before leaving with her members.
Did she catch me starring right now?
I feel my cheek heating up.
When we enter the room, I get nervous all of a sudden. I just realize, I will be dancing in front of (y/n). If I do something embarrassing now, I won't be able to look at him ever again.
While we are warming up, I see Yuna walking towards (y/n).
"You just need to watch me dancing. I'm better than all of them."
(Y/n) laughs at her comment.
"I will make sure to watch your every move."
My cheeks heat up again. I know they are just joking around. Still I can't help but feel angry at Yuna. I want him to watch me dance. Not her.
What is happening to me? What am I thinking? Is this jealousy?
I can't stop looking at the two, when Lia walks towards me.
"Let's start, unnie."
I just nod and got to my designated spot.

Perspective: (y/n)

A few minutes later, I break my promise to Yuna. Once I see Yeji dancing, I can't keep my eyes of her. Her cute little smile fades. It's replaced by an intense and fierce look. Her body hypnotizes me with it's movements. The swing of her hips. The body roll she does right now. The way her hair moves in the air.
After a while the music stops. In that moment, I feel my heartbeat. It is way faster than usual. When all of them get something to drink on the couch, I get calmer.
I realize I have to get out of here, before Yeji starts dancing again. Otherwise I will be stuck in here the whole day. Not able to move.
Once I am able to stand up, I walk towards the door.
"Where are you going?"
I turn around and see Yeji pouting once again. Where did the fierce woman go, who bewitched me with her dancing?
"I'm heading out to by groceries. There isn't any food left at the dorm."

Perspective: Yeji

I sigh as (y/n) walks out of the room. Doesn't he want to watch us practice? He could buy groceries afterwards. He doesn't need to leave now. Maybe he got tired of me dancing. I'm usually very comfortable when I'm dancing, but not when (y/n) watches me. I'm afraid I messed up. Is that the reason why he is leaving early?

Yeji:
We are finished with practice. Where are you?

(Y/n):
Outside. Waiting in the car.

As soon as we exit the building, Yuna runs in the direction of the van. (Y/n) leans on the hood, with his arms crossed.
"Did you buy it?"
"Sure, you texted me often enough."
I overhear their conversation.
Texted?
Yuna has (y/n) number?
Since when?

----------------

Author's note:

Hey everyone!
I appreciate all of your support and feedback. I'm always really happy, everytime you guys let me now what you think of my story.
Even though it has been a while, you should check out IU's new mv. I like the song very much, too.
Take care everyone!
Have a nice day!