3

Location: Coffee shop
Perspective: (y/n)

After sitting down at one of the tables, I start sipping my coffee. The girl who bumped into me sits with her friend nearby at a window. The both of them look pretty cute actually. Due to the masks they are wearing, I can't see their whole faces, but I am convinced that they look gorgeous. For a second one think about walking over and asking for their numbers. Stop. Don't even think about that (y/n). Me dating someone would never end well. Not because of me or them but my schedule and job. Who would want to date a special force soldier who could leave at any given moment. The chance of coming back alive are slim either. It wouldn't be a good idea. It would hurt me and her.

While my thoughts are lingering around I keep looking at the girls. Actually I am only looking at one to be exact. Even though she is wearing a mask, she looks gorgeous. I probably said that already but what can I do? It's the truth. Her eyes seem sharp like the eyes of a cat.

I still keep thinking about asking her for her number. I really want to but I know the risks. They are too high. I am about to leave the cafe before I do something I would regret later on, when I see three men walking in.

They start talking to the girls. At first I don't think much of it. Of course they would talk to them, they are gorgeous. After a while though, it seems like the girls don't feel comfortable. One of them stands up but a guy graps her arm. I stand up with my coffee mug and walk towards them.

Location: Coffee shop
Perspective: Yeji

"We are not done with you, pabo!"
"Please let me go!"
I am about to stand up, when suddenly the guy holding Lia's arm stumbles back.
"I am afraid I'll have to stop you right there. The girls don't look very comfortable around you."
I turn around, seeing the handsome man from earlier.
"I would appreciate it if the three of you would leave right now."
"How do you think you are, man? Just let us have some fun with these too. " He looks at me grinning dangerously.
"That's not gonna happen. Leave. "
One of the other guys comes and pushes him away.
"Fuck off, dude."
"Please leave now or I will have to call the police."
One of the other guys stepps up.
"Come on let's leave, they are not worth it."

The three men leave without another word, not bothering to look back.
"Thank you..."
"Call me (y/n)"
Thank you (y/n). My name is Lia by the way."
"M-My name is Yeji."
Why the hell did my voice tramble just now? I was able to speak normal with those rude guys, but no with him? What's wrong with me?
"It's nice to meet you girls."
"It's nice to meet you too? "
WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY VOICE???

I fee my face heating up as he smiles at me. Oh my god. He was so hot when he told the guys to leave, but when he smiles like that he is just adorable.

He is about to say something else, when his phone in his pocket starts ringing.
Me and Lia can't hear anything from the call but him responding with short answers.
"Hello, it's me."
"Not right now. "
"Yes, sir. I will be there as fast as possible."
"Yes, sir."
He hangs up and puts his phone back in his pocket.
"Seems like I will have to leave now. It was nice meeting you.
" Wait", I look at Lia confused.
"Can I get your number? "
He smiles warmly. "Sure."
He takes out his phone and traits numbers with Lia.
What is she doing? Does she like him? I don't know what I am feeling but my body becomes hot. I have the urge to stop her but I don't have the right to do so. If she wants his number she can have it. Somehow I am offended by her doing. Before I finished my train of thought I feel them both looking at me.
"Unnie, are you alright? "
"W-what do you mean? "
"I asked, if you would like to have my number too."
"Yes!" I almost scream unconsciously. "Yes please."

After trading numbers he bits his goodbyes and leaves the cafe. I continue to look after him until he is out of sight.
When I look around, I see Lia grin at me evily.
"You like him, unnie?"
"W-what do you mean?"
"Come on. You continue to stutter and you blushed when he smiled at you."
"No I did not do that."
Lia just keeps smiling.
"Whatever."