6

Location: Itzy's dorm
Perspective: Yeji

After turning my phone on, I checked my social media accounts. Suddenly a message pops up. I see who it's from:
(Y/n)
I jump in excitement and run in my room. As soon as I lie on my bed I immediately check what he send me.

(Y/n):
Hi Yeji. I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier but I had a very busy day at work. I am sure you can relate.
Have sweet dreams.
23:40

He replied to me. In the middle of the night. But still. He replied to me. I can't stop the smile that starts showing on my face.
While I decide on what to write next, he ear a nock on the door.
"Can I come in or are you busy?"
"You can come in, Chae!"
When she entered she looks at me with an interested gaze in her eyes.
Before she can say anything, I try to change the topic.
"This is your room too, you know? You can just come in you don't have to nock."
"I know but I wanted to give you some privacy in case you were too excited."
She smirks at me evily, before starting to change pack her bag.
"Hurry up, we have to leave soon."
"Sure."
After I think for a short while I text (y/n) back and get ready to head out too.

Location:Icheon, Gyeonggi province, Special forces HQ
Perspective:(y/n)

When I wake up, I check the time.
14:57
I just slept almost 15 hours. After the mission yesterday I was so worked up that I fell asleep immediately.
Once I come back from the bathroom, I am one my way to breakfast. When I see the massages that came in, I see Yeji's message and I start to smile.

Yeji:
Hey!
It's ok if you had a lot of work. Thanks for your message. I hope you slept really well after that hard day. Maybe we can meet each other again?
I am free today and tomorrow. Please let me now when you have time.

When I leave the HQ, I meet Shi-jin at the parking lot.
"Slept well?"
"Yes, thanks. You?"
"Great."
"How is your son doing? He went to a new school two weeks ago, right?"
"Yeah! He is doing fine. I am leaving today I will spend the weekend with my family."
"Sounds fun."
"What about you? No plans?"
"I might meet up with someone today or tomorrow."
"Good luck on that. I see you when I am back."
"Bye."
After talking to the captain, I walk towards the restaurant near the barracks. When I enter, the owner greets me politely and I sit down at one of the tables.
I discovered this place a few months ago after I joined the Korean special forces. Now I eat here everyday. After waking up and working out, I usually come here to eat breakfast. Today is Saturday that means I will eat....
I search the menu and find it. I am about to place my order, when the owner stands in front of me already. She is holding a plate in her hand, smiling at me.
"Today is Saturday. That means you will order pancakes. Right?"
"You know me so well Ye-Jun. Thank you."
"You order pancakes every Saturday when you are in town. I would be a bad chef if I wouldn't know what my number one costumer eats."
"You are great, thanks."
"Since you are later than usual, I won't be eating breakfast with you."
She leaves and comes back with a bowl of soup and rice and some side dishes.
"I will have lunch."
To you it might be surprising, but I am already used to it. Usually you don't eat with the owner of the restaurant you are eating at, but wit Ye-Jun it is different.

She is the daughter of on of the higher ranking officers in the special forces. Because she doesn't want be away from her father, in case something might happen to him, she opened a restaurant just across the street. She is a great chef, and I really enjoy eating with her.
The first time we met was after my first mission here. That day we came back at midnight. We were gone for two weeks and ran out of food before the mission was over. When we arrived at the HQ I was just tired and hungry.
That's when I spotted the small restaurant across the street. I just walked in. I didn't seem to be the only one from the special forces who ate there after a long mission.
That night no one else was there. I ordered some pancakes and started eating like an animal. That's when I saw the owner, she came over and started a conversation with me. That's when I learned about her father and why her restaurant was just across the street.

Since then I eat breakfast here one a daily basis if I am not on a mission. Like today. I eat my pancakes while Ye-Jun eats her soup and rice. Where are enjoying our food in silence until she pops the question.
"How was it yesterday?"
I don't even bother asking her how she knew that I was "busy" yesterday. She probably already knows exactly what happened. She just wants to make sure I am okay.
"I am here. That means it worked out well, doesn't it?"
"You know I don't want to hear about the mission. I want to hear about YOU. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, thanks."
She is about to respond with an sarcastic comment, when my phone vibrates in my pocket.
I check it and grin at her.
"Seems like I will need to leave for my date now."
"Good luck. I hate that you come here everyday. I don't have any time off."
"Yeah sure. I hate you too."

Location: JYP Entertainment
Perspective: Yeji

After we had our vocal lessons, we all walk up the stairs, on our way to the cafeteria. I want to know if (y/n) already texted me, so I turn on my phone.

(Y/n) :
I would love to see you again. How about the coffee shop from last time?

I really want to meet him today. But I don't know if I have enough time today, since I just heard we will be having some preparations for our next comeback.

When I look up, I see the others staring at me.
"W-what are you looking at?"
Ryujin smiles at with that mocking face.
"I hope you are having a great time texting with your boyfriend."
"Hey! He isn't my boyfriend! We will just hang out a little today."
"Come on, Yeji unnie. I know you want to go on a date with him."
Lia looks at me.
"Does he know you are inviting him on a date? Or did you just say the two of you will hang out?"
"I-I said I would like to meet him."
"Oh Yeji. You better make sure he knows that you are is interested in him. Otherwise he will just see you as a friend."
"Wait a minute." We all look at Caeryeong. "Does he know who you are? Maybe he just wants to met you because you are an idol."
My heart sinks after her comment.
Is that true? Does he just want to meet up because I am an idol?