Dinner for Eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

Taking my bowl in his hand, Shoto grabbed a little bit of everything from each plate, setting the filled bowl down in front of me softly, "Here,"

Humming, I could feel a small smile spread across my face, "Thank you Sho,"

"You're welcome," He spoke, this time reaching for his own food.

"How's your Mom been, Y/n?" Fuyumi smiled, the question catching me somewhat off guard.

"Oh, um," I whispered, trying to formulate a sentence, not used to questions like that, looking down at my food, I offered a small smile, "Good," Placing a piece of chicken in my mouth, I thought for a moment.

'How am I supposed to casually say she's getting worse? especially while everyone is eating,'

"I spoke with her on new years. I told her about the internship and some of the stuff we did in class," I spoke, attempting to fill the somewhat awkward silence, "I plan on visiting her again soon with Mikoto. Like, sometimes after school, maybe visit Grandma too,"

Smiling after me softly, Fuyuimi nodded in understanding, "I was thinking about sending some flowers to the two of them," She spoke, picking at her food, "Maybe even stop by and introduce myself to your Mom. But, I  thought I would ask you first to see if you're okay with me doing something like that,"

Seeing her bright smile, I couldn't help but nod, "Yeah... that's alright with me, I'll make sure to write room numbers down and all the other stuff for you before I leave today," I explained, my eyes looking towards Midoirya as he hummed in delight.

"Oh-whoa! This fried chicken is absolutely amazing!" 

Looking away from me, Fuyumi clasped her hands together once more, "I'm so glad you like it!"

Looking back at his plate, the boy began his string of mumbles, the words falling deaf to my ears as he continued to overanalyze the situation, "It's moist and well seasoned on the insides, while expertly crispy on the outside. This satisfying mix of textures completes the palette like-"

"Stop overanalyzing dinner you Freak! Your mumbling is ruining the taste of my Mumbo tofu!" Bakugou yelled, his head looking past Gina as he yelled after him, the girl frowning slighting in annoyance as she was in the middle of reaching for her own food.

Groaning, she pushed the boy back in his spot, "Would you sit the hell down? You're in my way,"

Taking a bite of his food, Midoirya gasped, delighted with the tastes of his food, "These rich meat juices were sent straight from heaven into my mouth!"

"I told you Fuyumi is a great cook," I smiled, taking another bite of my food, Shoto's knee gently hitting mine as he relaxed slightly.

"Not surprised," Natsuo spoke, looking towards Midoriya, "Our housekeeper had a back injury and retired early. So Fuyumi has been the one mostly in charge of cooking for a while now,"

Taking another bite of his food, Midoriya smiled, "That makes sense,"

Looking towards her brother, Fuyumi smiled, "You used to cook too, Natsuo. We took turns,"

Feeling Shoto perk up slightly, I looked towards him, his eyes widened in surprise as he looked towards his older brother, "Wait, so did I eat your food growing up?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Natsuo held his chopsticks over his rice, "It's possible. I can over board on seasoning though," His eyes narrowed slightly, attention directed towards the front end of the table, "Endevore might have kept you from having it. He always did keep a close eye on your diet."

Hearing our three classmates freeze, slightly choking on the food they were eating, I continued eating. Being more and more used to these types of conversations the more I ate here.