Dinner for Eight

En başından başla

"Sorry for the sudden invitation." She apologized, "I'm delighted this managed to work out,"

"I'm glad you asked us over!" Midoriya spoke, gear to make a good impression, "It's- uh, pretty rare I get to see a friend's house,"

"Natsuo's here too?" Shoto questioned, "I saw his shoes by the door,"

Looking back over her shoulder, she smiled softly, "Well, I wanted the whole family to get to know your new friends," Glancing towards me, she winked, "And your new girlfriend,"

Feeling heat rise to my cheeks, I waved her off, "Fuyumi!"

~~~

"Let me do introductions again," The glasses-wearing girl spoke, gently sitting between her father, who sat at the head of the small table, and Natsuo, who sat quietly with his attention focused on his plate.

Adjusting my seat, I sat at the other end of the table beside Shoto, who sat beside Midoriya, followed by Gina and Bakugou.

"I'm Shoto's older sister Fuyumi, I teach at an elementary school nearby," Gesturing her hand out towards the white-haired boy beside her, Fuyumi continued, "And this is Shoto's older brother, Natsuo. He's in college,"

Raising his attention from the table, Natsuo's hand scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Hey, what's up?"

"Shoto," Fuyumi called, her voice soft as she looked at the boy expectantly, "This is where you introduce your friends,"

Shifting beside me, Shoto's back straightened a bit, "Right," Looking down towards our three friends, Shoto introduced them,  "These are three of my classmates in the hero course, Midoriya, Yakatama, and Bakugou,"

Jumping, Midoriya's sweatdropped slightly, "It's nice to meet you!"

"Thank you for having us," Gina spoke, offering a small, hesitant smile, more used to being greeted with glares from students' family members rather than full meals.

Seeing him point at me, my eyes widened slightly, not expecting him to introduce me to his family who I've known for a while now, "And this is Y/n, my..." Hearing him pause, he cleared his throat, hand falling into his lap once more before looking down at me hesitantly, "My girlfriend,"

Feeling heat rise to my cheeks, I sighed, laughing slightly, "Shoto, I think they know who I am by now,"

"Yeah but, now we're in a more intimate relation-" Covering his mouth, I laughed nervously shushing him.

"Okay! J-just say, Girlfriend!" Letting out another laugh, I turned to Fuyumi, knowing the top of my head was heating, "Thank you for inviting us all over, Fuyumi," I thanked, the table quickly going quiet. A familiar heavy fog weighing itself over the table as I caught sight of Natsuo eyeing Endevore, the boy quickly looking away.

Also feeling the change in atmosphere, Fuyumi, sweatdropped, "Uh- right, anyway! Let's dig in before the food get's cold! If there is anything you don't like, please don't force yourself to eat it, I won't be sad," She eased, looking towards the three newcomers, knowing I have been through one of the Todoroki dinners once or twice before.

"That's so nice," Midoriya beamed, his hand clasping together thankfully, "Thank you for the food,"

Nodding, a hum came from Gina, "Yes, Thank you for the food,"

"Thanks for the food," Shoto and I thanked, eyes looking towards each other in slight surprise we spoke in unison.

"Yeah, same here," Natsuo hummed, reaching across the table to take a portion for himself.