Hanemiya Kazutora

It was quiet, but it wasn't at all unusual. The usual sounds that would be heard in the apartment was the noise of the vacuum cleaner, banging of pots and pans and sometimes the television whenever it was left on.

It's not like you nor Kazutora hated each other to the point where you didn't speak, it's just that you two liked being present with one another more. You would occasionally catch the man staring at you when he thought you weren't looking. Not to forget, he loved to say your given name any chance he got. There wasn't a day that would pass without Kazutora not saying your name at least ten times.

Apparently, it just meant a lot to him that he was even able to say something so meaningful to your face. You've never really understood what he meant by that.

As you were cleaning your shared home, you stopped moving the duster back and forth when you came across the many photo frames that adorned the kitchen counter. The middle one in particular caused you to chuckle aloud, catching your boyfriend's attention from the living room.

He was currently bored out of his mind since it was the weekend, but your laughter suddenly brightened up his entire world. "What are you giggling about?" Kazutora sneakily wrapped his arms around your waist from behind and pressed a kiss on your cheek.

"Nothing much, just a picture of us two on our third year anniversary. Remember when we went to the amusement park and caught Mikey and the others following us around? I can even see Takemichi and Hina-chan in the background here trying to act 'natural'. It just made me laugh."

Kazutora just smiled at the memory, nuzzling his head onto your own. "I wonder everyday... how lucky I am to have you, [name]."

"Are you really a lucky guy to have someone like me?" In response, the man let go of your waist and placed his hands on your hips. "Kazutora?"

"I don't like it when you say stuff like that. You're amazing, you're bright, you're beautiful... You're everything anyone could ever ask for. I love you for who you are. I should be the one doubting myself, not you. I mean... after everything I-"

"I thought we'd agree to put that behind us." You tugged his hands off of your body and turned around to face him, "Kazu, I love you for who you are too. Don't ever forget that. You've had a tough life... and I want to help you."

"Yeah..." He opened his arms wide and embraced you into another hug, "I love you too much."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"It's the best thing."

---

TRIVIA-

your relationship with kazutora is one of the biggest plot twists in tokyo revengers history.

when everyone else had found out that you got into a relationship with him (a year after he left prison), they didn't know what to say.

mikey approached kazutora one day after hearing about the news and told him that he regretted forgiving kazutora that day. kazutora cried to you that night. (mikey didn't mean it, he was just being mad).

you didn't know the exact reason why you fell in love with him when you did. it kind of happened in the moment. you felt yourself staring at the boy when you were chatting to chifuyu, and you were like, woah.

when you visited baji's pet shop, you felt him staring at you and you thought it was because one of the cats pissed on you. on the other hand, kazutora felt sparks that day.

kazutora told chifuyu what he had felt about you when he realised he was in love. chifuyu said he had no chance since you've rejected almost everyone. the shock on his face when he found out though...

takemichi was probably the most confused person out there. "so you're saying you like the person who almost killed you all those years ago, [last name]? do you need anything? like, maybe an ice pack for your head?"

hina was not very supportive at first, but understood that kazutora had changed for the better.

kazutora's love language is quality time.

he constantly doubts himself for being your boyfriend because he thinks he isn't he right person for you. he's practically a walking red flag, yet you seem to not care. you make sure to let him know how much he's loved though.

the reason why he likes saying your name is because he wanted to say it to say goodbye to you after bloody halloween. no one told him what your given name was until after he got out of prison.

his feelings for you actually didn't start when he met you again after he came out of prison, it really began whenever he thought about you while in prison. your face would come into mind every once in a while (since you made an impression on him on your almost death bed), and eventually he just thought about you everyday.

apologies for click-baiting you guys into thinking kazutora was an actual love interest. he is, don't get me wrong, but this is the only real romantic thing in the book between you two. he deserves to be happy which is why i wrote an ending for him.

sorry for it being short though lol