[16.5] Secret Conversations

Takemichi had been talking with Mikey for a while now. They talked about a range of things – from Kisaki, to the founders of Toman. Takemichi didn't know how he was able to just casually converse with the commander like this, but he just should be grateful that he got the chance to.

Suddenly, he had thought of something to ask Mikey. He knew that you two were... usually close, so it wouldn't hurt to just ask him about you, right? Honestly, Takemichi was afraid – what if Mikey tells you that he asked? What if that would make you mad?

"Takemicchi? What? Are you scared that I'm gonna kill you?"

"Um... Not exactly. I want to ask you... about [last name]-san." Takemichi placed his hands on his lap and moved his head to face his friend. "Is that okay?"

Mikey hummed, thinking about what the correct response was. "Maybe. What do you want to ask?"

"Just... if she's doing okay. I get worried about [last name]-san, a lot. Even though I see her everyday, I can't help but think she's just... a bit lonely. I know I can't fill that void, but it doesn't hurt to at least try and help her. So, from your view, Mikey-kun... is she going okay?"

Mikey pursed his lips, "I don't know either. [name]cchan is a mystery to me too. I get what you mean though, wanting to help her; I do too. She's... facing these things on her own... yet she seems to put us, people she doesn't know too well, first. She's amazing."

"Yeah, I agree. Hina tells me about how nice [last name]-san is and how much fun she is. But she also tells me that she's... how do I say... reluctant in making a lot of friends. I want to ask her, but I'm kind of scared. I feel like she hates me of all people. But either way, I want to save her."'

"Takemicchi, why do you want to save her, and not help her? What's going to happen?"

"Oh! No, my words... they, um, just came out wrong!" Takemichi had sworn to himself that he wasn't going to tell anyone about his time leaping ability as of yet. One, it was too early, and two, there was really no point since it wasn't believable.

"Sometimes, I don't understand you, Takemicchi." Mikey ran his hand through his hair and smiled at him, "I'm probably not very helpful when it comes to [name]cchan. She reminds me of myself sometimes, so I don't know what she's thinking. But, let me know if you want any help. I'll... make sure to protect [name]cchan too." Takemichi might've just found a great ally for your mission. He was going to need all the help he could get.

"Thanks, Mikey-kun!"

"Only on one condition, though." Takemichi froze up, but leaned in to hear more. "Don't bring her into our mess. She's... not a Toman member and it wouldn't be good to see her getting hurt just for us. So, please do me a favour and protect her as well."

"I'll do whatever I can, no matter what."

word count—525