[34] Beauty In This World

Mitsuya could feel his heart pumping in erratic beats from just being nervous. Under Takemichi's instructions, he had invited you out on a 'date' to the local garden out in the outskirts of Shibuya. He had been planning out this day for about a week, making sure to remember what to do (in accordance with Takemichi's plan).

It was luckily a bright day out—the sun was out and there were hardly any clouds in the sky. Perfect weather for a date in a garden. But at the same time, it made him feel a bit queasy. Mitsuya has never ever felt this anxious in his life before.

He even had to get some fashion advice from Mana and Luna over the week since he couldn't decide. The affect you have on him is insane.

"Mitsuya-san!" You were here at last. Oh no, he could feel yesterday's dinner in his throat. You were so adorable in that outfit of yours his heart was going crazy. "I'm sorry for being late. There was foot traffic."

"N-No, it's okay." He needed to get a hold of himself. "I haven't been here for long. Um, [last name]-chan, you look really good."

"...Thanks, Mitsuya-san." You did want to look nice on this day, so you opted for [outfit]. "You don't look too bad yourself." He ended up wearing some black pants accompanied by zip-up vest layered with a t-shirt. Nothing too extravagant, but it looked a bit too simple. "It suits your vibe."

"Does it?" You nodded in response, "Oh, um, well, since it's still a bit early, would you like to grab some breakfast? There's a nice café in the gardens."

"That'd be nice." Before he led you into the gardens though, Mitsuya took a glance over to the nearby bushes a few metres away from him. Behind them, was Takemichi and Chifuyu who were there to help carry out the plan. He nodded at them to indicate that the mission has started. "...Mitsuya-san, what are you looking at?"

"Just some bugs, I'll show you the way."

。。。

You were really glad that you agreed to go out with Mitsuya. It was a really nice day out and just from the short walk from the entrance to the café, you could tell that the garden was already extremely beautiful. "Thanks for inviting me, Mitsuya-san. Um, was there a specific reason why you wanted me to come along?"

"I suppose I wanted to let you see the beauty of the world. I feel as though whenever we're in the centre of Shibuya, we're constantly looking at apartment buildings or department stores. We aren't really seeing the world for what it is—the real beauty." You never really thought of that. "I also feel as if people don't take that extra step in their day to breathe. I thought it would be good for both of us if we took a break from hustling and relax around these gardens."

"I never realised it before, but you're really intelligent." You took a sip from the cup of water in your hand, "I don't mean that I thought you were stupid before now. But I don't think I've ever really heard you speak like this before. You have a really cool side to you, Mitsuya-san."

"Is that so? Then I'd better talk like this more often." He was finally loosening up around you; it was just as if he was hanging out with you normally. This was fine—he doesn't even remember why he was panicking in the first place. As long as you continued to smile like that, his heart could be put at ease.

"Do I have something on my face?"

"Beauty." Maybe Mitsuya was still a bit on edge. Why did he have to embarrass himself and say that? He wanted to dig himself a hole now. "...I mean... You... You know..."

"Thanks for the compliment." His heart was going to burst! How could you be so cute? He then noticed a piece of stray hair that stuck out on the side of your head. Mitsuya argued with himself for a few minutes, thinking whether or not it would be a good idea to fix it.