[35] Care For Oneself

Baji was still skeptical at this whole plan that Takemichi made up. He was next for the second part of the plan, which was why he was currently at your home with you. You were messing around with the television remote as he watched you from the couch. Was it really true? The future Takemichi described?

He didn't want to let you go, ever. He outstretched his arms without even thinking about what he was doing, and pulled you onto the couch beside him. "...Keisuke, what are you doing?" He kept his hands on your waist and nuzzled his forehead into your shoulder. "Is this why you asked to sleepover at mine? You miss me too much?"

"That, and I just wanted to spend more time with you." You nodded your head and stopped switching the television channels. "Thanks for letting me stay."

"It's okay. It's been a while since I had anyone over anyway. How's your mom doing?"

"She's been asking about you a lot more recently. You should come over again soon. We can actually make some yakisoba together."

"Is there anything other than yakisoba you like? Perhaps your mom and I could make something for you."

"Anything you make will surely be delicious." You shrugged him off of you and tugged at his cheeks, "...What... are you doing?" He tried to say with a stretched out mouth. "Hm?" You let go of his face and grabbed a few hair accessories from the coffee table.

"I say it's time for a little make over." Baji scooted back away from you and put a hand in front of him.

"Oh no, you don't."

"Keisuke, stay still!"

"No!"

Baji was then forced to sit down like a little kid while you did his hair. But he did have to admit, having the girl he liked run her fingers through his hair was nice. He just wanted you to take care of him like this all the time.

"I think you look pretty good with those braids, Keisuke." You finished tying up the second plait, taking a quick second to admire your handiwork. "I wish I had hair like yours. Then, I could do whatever I want with it."

"Trust me, hair like this is hard to manage. I think I might cut it when I get to high school."

"That's if you graduate middle school. What if you get held back again?"

"Nope! I promised myself that I wouldn't make mom cry again. Besides, I don't want to make you disappointed either. You help me with my studies whenever I ask, and it'd be kinda a bad move to fail this year again."

"...Thanks for thinking about me, Keisuke." You pinch his cheeks one last time, "Now, close your eyes for a minute. I want to put a face mask on you." He groaned at your demand, but was delighted that you were focusing on him. "...Does that feel refreshing?"

"Yeah, my face feels cooler already. It's so slimy though." He scrunched up his nose wanting to get rid of the material, but you stopped him from touching it. "[name]-chan, do you usually take care of yourself as well as you're taking care of me?"

"Hm... not really. I don't really have the time or effort to take care off myself on most days. It doesn't really matter what I do to myself." He frowned at your answer.

"Nonsense! It does matter what you do to yourself. You matter, [name]-chan. Don't you forget that." Baji grabbed onto your shoulders and brought your face into his chest, "Don't throw your own feelings away just because you're busy. The only person who knows exactly what you need, is yourself... So, you should learn to take care of yourself! I'll even teach you if you want."

"...I really cannot take you seriously while you're wearing that pink face mask of yours." You snickered.

Baji was fuming; he gave that cool-ass speech and all you did was laugh at him. "I'm taking this off!"