[22.5] Draken Shrine

Takemichi's jaw was as low as it could possibly get. His heart was beating in a random rhythm, which was consistent with the confusion going on in his head. The boy had departed from Draken's home, only to see Emma and Mikey embracing one another. The fact that they were acting like this made him scared – not for him, but what would happen between Mikey and Draken.

However, not only that, Takemichi thought that both the blond's had a significant other. Emma with Draken, and Mikey with [last name]. If you or Draken were to ever find out about this... everything he's done up to here would be sucked down the drain!

"Indeed, I do smell a mystery, my dear Watson." Hina, in her 'detective' outfit had appeared beside him, along with Naoto standing behind the two. They– or more like Hina, wanted to find out what was going on. "Emma-chan lives and breathes Draken-kun, so this can't be happening. Don't forget about Mikey-kun either. Him and [name]-chan have a deep relationship that even Cupid would have a hard time understanding."

"H-Huh?" Takemichi got lost in her little rant after Cupid was mentioned – what did he have to do anything with this? Anyway, the three of them followed the so-called 'couple' to wherever they were off to. As they say, cheaters have to get punished!

Eventually, they stopped and hid behind a short brick wall by a nearby outdoor café. Seems like their date was going fine; Emma was feeding him cream from his pancakes. Hina was getting a bit too into character though... for some reason, she even had a pipe in her hands.

After a few minutes, another person had joined this detective case – the one and only, Yamagishi. He nodded along with Takemichi's explanation, thinking that something was a bit fishy. He also mentioned some things about Emma leaving Mikey's home early in the morning. Hina shook her head at this; Emma was leaving Mikey's home, while Mikey was leaving your home!

"This is absolutely positively"—she stood up from her hiding spot—"two-timing! We have to get their confessions!"

"What? Are you going to ambush them? That's probably a bad idea." Takemichi tried to stop her, but alas, was unable to.

"We have to find out for sure!" She then stormed out from behind the brick wall towards Emma and Mikey, "If it's true, I feel really bad for both Draken-kun and [name]-chan."

"Who are we feeling bad for?" Takemichi turned around, only to see you and Draken walking towards them. Draken was stomping down the road with an annoyed expression on his face; whereas you... you were just... normal. But anyway– This was not the time!

While you two walked past Takemichi and Naoto, Hina slammed both her palms onto the table the two blond's were sitting at, demanding them to explain what was going on between them.

"Emma and Mikey?"

"Hm...? Oh! They are together over there." You pointed.

"Y-You've for it all wrong, Draken-kun! [last name]-san!"

"Eh? Draken?!" Emma didn't expect him to show up right now.

"[name]cchan?!" Neither did Mikey with your presence.

With a smirk, Draken lifted up his finger to point at the blond boy, "You're hanging out with your little sister on her birthday, Mikey?" He just turned away to hopefully not get embarrassed even more.

"Takemichi-san, did you not know about this?" You poked him on the head as he laid on the wooden flooring with a puddle of tears underneath him.

"Know about...?"

"Mikey and Emma are siblings, although their moms are different." Draken explained.

"Huh? I know I told you before, Hina. Even [name]-chan remembers." Cue Hina and Yamagishi peering into the windows of the café to look at the delicious treats they sold, ignoring the whole ordeal they made up.

"Here." Draken placed a pink teddy bear on top of Emma's head. "Happy birthday." He had his back turned towards her with his head facing her; in a position like that, he gave off an incredibly cool aura. "Well, I did what I came here for, so I'm leaving." He placed his hands in his pockets and headed straight out of the café's premises.

"Thanks for taking me here, Draken-san! And thanks for not getting mad at me!" He didn't bother to even reply or wave back to you—typical. "Emma-san, this is my gift to you." You handed her a fat envelope, "I hope you like it..." She grabbed Draken's gift and placed it on her lap before she received your envelope.

"What is it?" Once she opened your present, she immediately dug her face into the teddy bear. "[name]-chan... What am I gonna do with all of these photos?"

"Um... stick them up on your wall? Make a Draken shrine? Whatever you want, really." Emma pouted to cover up her embarrassment. But getting a whole photo album full of her crush was a bit much. However, she definitely was really happy.

"Thank you, [name]-chan."

"Hey, [name]cchan, why did you thank Ken-chin for not getting mad at you?" Mikey reached out to grab your hand.

"Well..."

"Sorry for calling you so last minute, Draken-san. I wasn't sure where Emma-san would be today, so I had to ask you."

"Don't worry about it... What's in that thing you're holding?"

"...Photos of you? They're for Emma-san though! I swear! I took them two days ago with Naho–" You shouldn't throw him under the bus. "I took them by myself! Please don't get mad at me."

Draken stifled his laughter, "Of course. No wonder I saw a weird girl at that arcade. I thought you were trying to reach for a dropped coin the entire time. You were really taking photos of me, huh?"

"So... you knew. Oops."

"But if they're for Emma, I don't mind."

"Oh! That's why you called me that day about Ken-chin. Makes much more sense now."

"Eh? You went through all that trouble just for pictures?" Emma placed them back into the envelope and into her bag for safekeeping. "Thanks, [name]-chan!"

"No worries. I hope you get some use out of them. I should be off too, I only wanted to see you so I could hand it over to you. See you both later." Before you could go though, Mikey stopped you by tugging you back.

"Can I sleep over tonight?"

"This is the first time you're asking me in advance. Um, and sure. I'll make sure to buy some dorayaki on my way home so we can share. See you!" You waved them goodbye, along with Takemichi and the others.

"Wow, [name]cchan sure is the best."

"See, Takemichi-kun? Their relationship is so... so... confusing?" Hina shook her boyfriend around.

"Y-Yeah! I see." All he could do, was just wish that their relationship would be as strong as the others.

word count—1145
draken shrine sounds like frankenstein, idk why i found that so funny