[20] Photogenic

It was early in the morning, around nine o'clock, as you were getting ready for the day. Everything had been going well so far after the event of Bloody Halloween.

Baji had been hanging around your house after school hours to spend time with you, as well as Mikey arriving in the late night just to spend the night at your place. Although it was fun to have them around, you don't know if you could spend all the time in the world with them.

As you were finishing off your breakfast, your phone began to ring. The only people who call you on a morning like this would be your parents, so it surprised you when you saw Chifuyu's name pop up.

"Hello? Chifuyu-san?"

"...O-Oh! [last name]-chan. Good morning!" He didn't expect you to pick up so quickly. He finished up the piece of toast in his mouth and ran straight out of the kitchen to his bedroom. His family didn't need to hear his voice crack like this.

"Good morning." You paused for a moment, presuming that he had something to ask you. "...Chifuyu-san? Why have you gotten quiet?"

"I wanted to ask you something!" His throat was closing up; he swore he was on the verge of throwing up. It was probably the toast he stuffed down his oesophagus. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah, what do you need? Is it important? You sound a bit nervous."

"It's just... are you free today? Do... you want to hang out? Baji-san's told me about how much he's been around you... and I just... wanted to hang out with you too?" By posing his last sentence as a question, it minimises his imposition. It'll make him seem like he wasn't forcing you into this.

"Hm... I have plans to go to Yokohama in about an hour?" You heard him sigh on his side.

"Maybe we can hang out another time then." Chifuyu silently cursed out Baji since he had been bragging about all the yakisoba you've shared together. Just once, Chifuyu wanted to feel that happiness too. "Sorry for bothering you."

"Chifuyu-san, I presume you're not busy right now, or for the rest of day? Would you like to come to Yokohama with me? I've just... got a few errands to run, that's all. I could use a friend."

"...I would love to accompany you! I'll keep you safe!"

"Thanks, Chifuyu-san. Just bring some money and yourself to Shibuya station at ten. I'll see you then, okay? And don't be late, or I'll leave you behind."

"I won't let you down. I'll see you later." Chifuyu threw his phone onto the bed. He clenched his fists and threw them up in the air, "I did it!" Peke J, who was casually sleeping on the bed was startled awake. "Sorry, Peke J!"

"Chifuyu! Stop yelling! You're annoying the neighbours!"

"Sorry, mom!"

Back on your side, you tilted your head at the sudden scream that you heard. You don't think Chifuyu knew that he didn't end the call. It was amusing to hear his mother scold at him though. You ended the call to prevent him from embarrassing himself any longer. "I wonder what else Baji-san has been telling him."

。。。

Just in case, you had left the house a bit earlier then needed be. Chifuyu would've most likely done the same, seeing as how excited he was. It was a bit strange though, he didn't ask what you were going to do in Yokohama. He just agreed to come along because you asked him too.

You weren't mad at him for that, just... you didn't want him to feel left out. Then again, it was kind of your fault he was coming along. So, as you approached the outside of Shibuya station, you did a slow spin, examining all the people walking in and out, trying to spot your friend.