[30] Together for Eternity

It was only the next day, yet you've been visited by so many people you couldn't even keep count. However, there was a certain blond boy who didn't show up when the others did. Draken just told you that he wasn't feeling well, but you knew better than that.

Did Mikey not want to see you because you were awake now? Hina told you he occasionally came when you were still unconscious. You waved goodbye to your latest visitor—Nahoya—who came just to play some card games with you. The boy pat your head and wished you well.

You watched him walk out of the door, but for some reason, he just stopped. You saw him scratch his head and waved to you once more, before stepping aside, revealing someone who was hiding in front of Nahoya. "...Mikey-san."

"Hey, [name]cchan. I heard you finally woke up." He closed the door behind him and took the vacant seat next to the bed, leaning his elbows on the mattress. "I can see that you're doing well."

"Yeah, healthy as I'll ever be. How about you?" You tried reaching out for his hand to get him to look at you. Right now, he was just staring down at the white sheets. He noticed that you were stretching out your hand; with a half-hearted chuckle, he intertwined his fingers with your own. "I know it's been a tough week."

"Hm... I don't know how I feel. I've lost so many people I care about in such a short period of time. I'm just glad that you weren't one of them. I'm... so happy to see your face."

"Mikey-san, you don't need to waste those tears on me. Who knew you were so sappy?" You squeezed his hand, "It's been rough for all of us, but know that we're all here for you. Especially Takemichi-san. He's been so desperate lately. Don't know what up with him." Mikey realised something—you didn't know about the time leaping ability. "What have you been doing these past few days?"

"I've been thinking about some things, that's all. Oh, and I also disbanded Toman." He said that so nonchalantly you almost coughed out your left lung.

"What?! Why did you do that? Don't you love Toman?"

"I wanted to end it while we were at the top. Besides, being in gangs... hurts the people I love most. Takemicchi told me why Kisaki was after you. I'm sorry. It's my fault you're like this."

"Mikey-san, you don't have to blame yourself. It's not your fault at all. Kisaki-san was just a crazy ass bitch, it explains why he does all this stuff. I'll never blame you for something like this because I know you have no control over it. So, don't hate yourself too much."

"I'm sorry." Mikey pulled himself closer into the side of your bed and pressed a kiss on the back of your hand, "I'm sorry."

"Mikey-san, don't apologise." He took in a deep breath and dug his nose into the bed sheets, not wanting to look at your loving expression. He didn't deserve all your affection and forgiveness. "It's okay."

"No, it's not okay. The day you were put in here because of surgery... I was here too, for Emma. But I didn't realise that fact. I was... distracted. I'm sorry. Even though it was my fault, I didn't stay with you, for any of it."

"I've heard from Takemichi-san that you joined in the Tenjiku fight without knowing I was here. I think that if you did know, you wouldn't of been able to... well, fight well and achieve this outcome. So, don't blame yourself. Besides, don't you think Emma... Emma-chan is more important than I am? She is your sister after all." Mikey pressed his lips together and took in a few deep breaths.

"You're both important to me." He really wanted to accentuate that fact. "Also, grandpa informed me of the message you left for me. Were you ready to die, [name]cchan? Please tell me you had hope. I wish... I wish I spent time with you that day to talk between us." You noticed his voice crack, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed it. I didn't even get to say goodbye to you properly. I just left– I'm sorry for leavi–"