AFTERWORD

to all my readers,

it's been quite a journey we've been on. thank you for taking the time out of your day(s) and reading 'This World To You.' having people enjoy and read my books is really what fuels the happiness in my life-typing that out kinda makes my life seem sad, but hopefully you get what i mean.

i'm not going to lie to you, i actually wrote the entirety of this book in two months-as in ALL of it. it was from late august to early october of 2021. that seriously makes me look a bit crazy. that's why if things feel a little too rushed or some things don't make too much sense, it's because of that lol. it was just a matter of fixing up spelling mistakes and stuff like that when i was publishing the book.

i originally wrote this book because i read the manga of tokyo revengers and really wanted to write something about it. and fun fact, i actually came up with the title of the book 'This World To You' before i finished the last chapter. so, it was really just a coincidence at how the title just fit in with the story.

if you came from my other books, you'll know that i was actually on hiatus when i published this-but i couldn't help myself and i had to write this book. writing this really made me happy, as sappy as that sounds. i genuinely spent so much of my time on this you don't even know. i even wrote it during my exam period lol

for me, the chapters i enjoyed writing the most were chapters 7, 20, 25 and 40. they made me feel proud of myself.

what was your favourite moment or chapter? (and if you can, why was it your favourite?)

also, what was the most memorable moment for you, or what meant the most to you, what impacted you... etc... as the author, i'm just really curious as to how this book made you feel.

the chapters that i had the hardest time writing would have to be all the ones with smiley and the 'future takemichi' chapters. you also don't understand how long it took me to write the tenjiku arc. since the MC wasn't going to be part of the fight and everything else, i kind of had to make up everything on the top of my head.

another fun fact, i was originally planning to have every chapter 1500 words or less since i don't think i was in the mood to write something long, but most of the chapters came out double that...

did you notice some small details i put in? there are a few of them. small details as in moments that are mentioned further in the book or used as jokes throughout the book. for example, draken and MC cutting apples. it was MC cutting apples for draken, then the other way around-and they both say the same thing to one another. the apple thing is also mentioned in chapter 32.5. can you spot any more?

moving on, how did you like the role of MC and her interactions with the other characters? what did you think of kazuya? i've heard that making the MC's personality centred around her trauma is a big red flag since it's boring... but that's literally this book so whoops

i should also make some notes (not in order):

• shinichirō and kazuya did not know each other since MC's family was still living in yokohama by the time shinichirō died.

• MC did not tell her parents what she did to kazuya.

• sorry that i did not save emma like i did baji. i only stayed with the canon story because of how i had planned out chapter 40. if emma was still alive, it just wouldn't have worked out the way i had in mind.

• kisaki had no involvement in any of MC's suicide attempts.

• MC is not based off muichirō from demon slayer.

• the reason why MC did not fight against kisaki during the tenjiku arc was because (1), MC was still recovering from the stab wound from bloody halloween, (2), kisaki was threatening to kill the people she loved and knowing him, he would 100% do it. MC couldn't take that risk and fight him.

• i've seen a few comments wondering what the actual 'snap' was to make MC commit suicide in the first place. it was just years of guilt, loneliness and depression that drove her to kill herself.

did you think i left a few things unanswered or poorly explained? if so, please comment it!

also, i've noticed that there have been some broken hearts and complaints about the love interests in this book. to that i say, please don't be mad or sad that your favourite is not a part of this book. like i said in the beginning, some characters do not fit in this sort of book. and hopefully after reading the book, you'll see that most of the interests that were not listed, actually would not have fit in.

and honestly, when you're writing a reverse harem story, it becomes hella difficult to juggle over ten love interests. even with seven love interests (like this book), it's quite hard to balance the love and affection that goes around.

this book's plot is kind of a trial run for an original book that i'm currently working on. let me know if this plot was interesting. it was a little cliché yes, but hopefully it was fun to read.

now, onto a more serious topic. this book wasn't made to make fun of suicide or anything of the sort, i just wanted to put it out there in the light. suicide is a very complex and difficult topic that i know a lot to people struggle with.

seeing from the many comments that have been on this book, it seems that some of you might be going through some stuff too. and some of you guys are like fourteen and younger? i saw someone who was twelve reading this book? to that i say, please do not expose yourself at that age to mature content such as this. not gonna lie, having people this young read my stuff is hella uncomfortable for me as well.

in my own way, i wanted to show off to you that there is a brighter side of the world you're living in. you're not going through your struggles alone, you've got people in your life who care about you (if you don't, you have me now!). like i say multiple times in the end of the book, 'the sun will rise tomorrow as usual.' there will be another tomorrow, so please don't give up.

and i know that this story might not have helped or been interpreted in the way i hope. i know that depression doesn't go away in a snap of a finger, and it doesn't lift for most people. it's still something that people still have to battle with. but there's a capacity for everyone to feel joy once again, and that's what i really want to show.

if you're going through something rough, please let a trusted friend/ family member know. they might not be able to solve the problem, but at least they'll be able to help you overcome them.

in addition, please call up a suicide hotline or emergency services, if needed be. this is a link for worldwide emergency services: www.opencounseling.com/suicide-hotlines

if there's something else you'd like to say-your thoughts, questions, queries or concerns, please comment it or message me.

if you'd like to read something similar, read my haikyuu books (on my profile)! they're probably a bit more angsty than this, so if you're interested, go have a look!

now, this isn't the end to this book. there will be approximately seven endings that will be published. i've also written two extra chapters since i got bored. they're basically one shots, but treat them separately from this canonical story.

thank you for reading,
and remember that you are so loved and appreciated.

@mochiaus