[32] Digging Up Old Memories

This was... somehow nostalgic. For Takemichi, he was here with everyone two months ago, but for them, it's been over twelve years. He looked around at everyone present—even though he's been seeing them around more often, it really hit him tonight that they're all grown up with their own lives.

"Let's open it already."

"Woah!" Chifuyu was the first to grab his item, "Talk about nostalgia!" He had put inside an aeroplane magazine, "I used to dream of being a pilot back then..."

"Heh!" Hakkai teased, amused at how childish Chifuyu was. "Just like a kid's dream!"

"Eh?! You go on then! Why not show us your amazing dream?"

"Hah! You're in for a surprise... I forgot mine actually..." When Hakkai received his letter, he was shocked and kind of ashamed of himself actually. Apparently he wanted to become an astronaut.

"You have some balls to have written that, since you've got nothing to show for it." Hakkai bursted out red after Mitsuya made fun of him, "Well how about you, Taka-chan?! Let's see your dark past! C'mon!"

Mitsuya then lifted up a dirty looking plush toy, "This. Since I was poor, I was never able to get toys for Mana and Luna. This is the first stuffed animal I made for them myself." He then opened up his letter, "'To me in the future... Don't forget your motivation...' Wow, I don't remember writing this at all."

"Baji-san, what are you holding?" Chifuyu pointed star the multiple coloured items in his hands.

"They're shrine charms. I got them from [name]-chan on Christmas the year before we did this capsule." He stuffed them into his pocket and opened up his letter, "'To Baji Keisuke in the future. What are you doing now? Is Chifuyu still following you around? What about mom? Is she still crying at the fact that you're so stupid?' What the heck was I on when I wrote this? '...Have you confessed your feelings to [name]-chan yet? If not, you're a coward. Hopefully she isn't with someone else. If she is, I'll kill you.'"

"Woah!" Takemichi covered his mouth, "Teenage Baji-kun was really blunt!"

"Shut up, Takemichi."

Nahoya and Souya opened theirs—Nahoya's childhood dream was to become popular and Souya's was to look after his brother. The latter couldn't help but laugh at what he wrote. And with Pah-chin and Peh-yan... they were busy crying with one another.

Takemichi then approached Draken who was sitting on the shrine's engawa, "What did you put in, Draken-kun?"

"This." Draken revealed the same photo that was in the twins restaurant—the Toman crew. "'To the future Ryūjugi Ken... How are you doing? Are you still into bikes? Did you get married? Do you have kids? Do you still follow Mikey? I've come to a crossroad in my life. Toman have split up. I won't object to the head's decision. I said that in front of everyone. I really regret it. Toman is all I have. I'm sure everyone feels the same. I've been so anxious. I've cried, but I'm sure Mikey suffered more. So I'm writing all my regrets here... Even if I lose the feelings I held as a kid... always... Emma will always be with you.'" This was supposed to be a trip down memory lane, not crying lane. Takemichi's heart was about to burst.

"So." Draken put his letter away, "Shall we have a look at Mikey and [last name]'s?"

Takemichi made his way over to the box and grabbed the folder—which was yours—and the small letter addressed from Mikey. "I guess... let's open [last name]-san's first since she put a big one in." He handed over Mikey's letter for Chifuyu to hold onto for a moment while he carefully opened the folder.

"Oh! There's a bunch of photos in here." Takemichi handed them out to the gang, "Woah... so many memories."

"This was when we first met her, remember Baji?" Chifuyu nudged his friend, "It was right here! After I lost my wallet!"