[32.5] Late Messages

this chapter outlines what was written in the letters from last chapter.

Dear Baji Keisuke,

It's been twelve long years. I hope you're doing well. I wonder, are you in the animal industry? Maybe a zoo keeper? A pet store owner? How about those cats that would always visit you on the windowsill? Do they still come?

I hope you and Chifuyu are still friends. Who am I kidding? Of course you're friends. Are you working together? I can see it now – Keisuke, the big trouble-maker getting tamed by Chifuyu. I hope you haven't burnt down anything.

I guess I should get on with it.

Please don't blame yourself for my death. That's all I ask of you. If you're still thinking about me twelve years into the future... and why I'm gone, please just try and clear your head. I don't want you to live your life in regret.

Keisuke, thank you for being there for me when I really needed it. Thank you for trusting me. Having you by my side made me fell reassured that I was always going to be safe. It kinda warmed my heart.

Thanks for always getting along with my parents too. My mom likes to talk about you whenever she gets the chance. Then again, you and her were a weird duo. You would always gang up on me! But, it was pretty funny.

And most importantly, thank you for loving me. I really didn't deserve all the love and affection you gave me. Especially since I never reciprocated back. I regret not being more loving towards you.

You deserve all the love in the world, Keisuke. So, please, be happy. I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you in the future. Find happiness without me, okay?

Sincerely,

[last name] [name].

———

Dear Matsuno Chifuyu,

I wonder if you still have your blond hair. Not sure why that was the first thing that came to mind. I'm trying to imagine you with black hair. I think it'll look really cool. And your loop earring! Have you changed it?

I'm still wearing the one you gave me. You know, I didn't tell you, but when my parents noticed that I had it in, they kinda got mad. They thought I was turning into a real delinquent and this was the first stage.

But I'm rebelling against them!

So, Chifuyu in the future, what are you doing now? Are you still with Baji? You probably are. You guys are pretty much inseparable. How about you and Takemichi? Are you still partners?

I always had a feeling that you and Takemichi were up to something. Your behaviour sometimes weirded me out a bit. Takemichi always ranted about saving me, and you, that one time you showed up to my house just to hug me? No idea what you're on about.

But I don't know if you remember that.

I guess... Chifuyu, I'm not telling you to forget about me, but I just hope that you were able to move on. Continue to live your life like normal. Think about me, but don't regret your past self's actions.

Thanks for caring about me. You made sure that I was okay whenever we met; when we would go out you would make sure that I didn't get lose... or sometimes it was the other way round. I can never thank you enough for being in my life!

Say hi to Peke J for me!

Sincerely,

[last name] [name].

———

Dear Mitsuya Takashi,

Where are you now? What are you doing in life? Well, I have a feeling that wherever you are, you're happily doing something in fashion. You were, well are, so passionate about sewing and all that! I wonder if you're successful now.