[42] This World To You

It was finally time for Takemichi to shine-it was stage 9 of the plan; the last stage. It took a few weeks to get here, but he was proud of what everyone had done. He was internally relieved that this plan of his was flourishing quite well.

Takemichi had thought of this plan ever since the gang dug up the time capsule in the 'present.' It took him two and half months of hard thinking and planning to get up to this point. He didn't have only himself to be proud of, all of his friends also contributed and he couldn't be more happier.

It was currently the late morning, around eleven o'clock. He was in some casual clothes (which Hina picked out for him) standing in front of the shrine. He was waiting for you to show up so he could talk. Takemichi didn't go so far as to invite you, he just figured that you would come to this location anyways.

However, he was slowly regretting not inviting you. This anxiety he had was bubbling up in his stomach. He wrapped his arms around his waist to calm himself down. He didn't understand why he was so nervous in the first place. He always talked to you normally... so why was this making him queasy?

Perhaps it was because he was going to forget his lines, or just the thought of this final phase not working out made him feel sick. He didn't have a back-up plan if it failed. He wouldn't know what to do.

"Takemichi-san?" The said boy puffed out his cheeks, preventing himself from throwing up on the spot in front of you. "Um, are you alright? You look a bit sick."

"N-No!" He straightened out his back and gave you a salute for some reason. "Sorry! I didn't mean to do that. Um... Oh... [last name]-san, when did you get here?"

"Just a minute ago. I was going to ignore you, but you looked like you were going to throw up. Being a nice friend I am, I checked up on you." Takemichi's hair deflated a bit at the sound of being ignored. "You're not usually here at the shrine, Takemichi-san. Do you miss Toman that much?"

"I do miss it, but I actually came here to see you. I just wanted to have another chat with you." He thought it would be best to reveal his intentions to you before you started to call him a creep. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah, of course. I've gotten used to your random demands to have a conversation with me." You then walked over to the grassy area on the opposite side of the path, gesturing Takemichi to follow you. "I feel like you have a lot to say to me. Let's sit down." He nodded and sat crossed legged in front of you, "What is it this time?"

"I kind of..." Yeah, he forgot the lines of the script he wrote. He was just going to have to wing it. "Um, this was where it kind of all began, right?"

"You can say that again." You chuckled at the memories from a year ago. Without this place, you never would've met them; met Toman.

"I mean, we all met you here at that Toman meeting just last year and here we are. We're quite good friends, don't you think?" He didn't like how silent you went.

"If I'm being honest, I didn't expect to be friends with you, Takemichi-san. Even though I do remember there being a blond douchebag in class, I never would thought he would be sitting in front of me like this. Even though I make fun of you, I mean well, I promise."

"To think that we didn't know each other a year ago. It's kinda crazy how fast time goes by. I was speaking to the others yesterday, and they were reminiscing on all the memories we've had with you." Takemichi grinned, "We're all really glad we met you! That's the real truth. You have such an important role in each of our lives, you probably don't even know it. We appreciate you, [last name]-san."

You diverted your gaze from his face. This was too embarrassing hearing all of this from him. "Where is all this coming from? Are you trying to bribe me into doing something?"