[24] Playground Advice

READ THIS BEFORE CONTINUING—
this chapter marks the beginning of the Black Dragons arc, meaning there will be manga spoilers from this point on and forwards!
please be aware that if you have not read the manga, the rest of this book will not make much sense (since you need to know what happens in the next two arcs).
you have been warned!

"So... you resigned from being the first division captain... and Takemichi-san took over you." You repeated Baji's explanation, "And now Valhalla is linked with Toman, and Hanma-san has become the new sixth division captain."

"After everything I tried to do..." Baji slammed his fist against the dirt ground, "It's not going well. Kisaki is going to take over Toman at this point. I tried telling Mikey, but Kisaki someone still managed to do this."

"Just give it some time, Baji-san. I'm sure... it'll somehow work out." So, Kisaki was truly a red flag in a sea of black shirts. There was no way you could really even do anything to help in this case. Perhaps you should talk to Takemichi and see what he's planning. The boy always seems to be on this toes about stuff like this.

"But if we don't do something soon, there's gonna be real trouble. Since I'm no longer in Toman anymore I can't help them get rid of him." Baji laid his head against your shoulder as he relaxed under the rays of the afternoon sun. "Damn that Kisaki." All you could do was just pat his back and make sure he didn't get too angry. The two of you were sitting by the shrine having your own picnic with yakisoba noodles.

Apparently, after overhearing Takemichi say he was going on a bowling date with Hina, Baji wanted to do something similar with you. Even though the two of you were out here, the topic had changed to Toman when you asked what happened at their meeting a few days ago.

"Baji-san, maybe we have to pick out some evidence first about Kisaki-san from the outside. That way, we can convince Mikey-san to kick him out."

"I thought of that, but the sneaky bastard hides his tracks too well. It's crazy." Nothing you said was going to help, as you had suspected. With a sigh, you stretched out your arms causing Baji's head to fall onto your lap. Instead of grunting about the sudden change, he just exhaled out a breath of satisfaction.

"...Why did you end up leaving Toman, Baji-san?"

"It didn't feel right if I just continued to go about my normal duties like nothing ever happened. Besides, after seeing Takemichi's resolve, he'd be a better captain than I ever could. Mikey tried to convince me to stay... but I made up my mind. It's not like I'm gonna be out of their lives though."

"You must've made Mikey-san upset. Who's going to be my informant now? Oh! I have an idea. Whatever Chifuyu-san tells you, you tell me."

"So I'm just gonna be used by you?" He groaned, "Then again, if I'm used by you, I wouldn't be complaining."

You ignored what he said and flicked his forehead, "Are things going okay with you and the others?"

"Just normal stuff... Everything's gone back to normal so I'm glad that nothing has changed because of the fight. I wonder though, what's going to happen next?"

"Nothing bad, I hope. Oh– Hold on. Tachibana-san's calling me."

"[name]-chan! I think Takemichi-kun is in trouble! What do I do?!"

"Baji-san, Takemichi-san... is in trouble?" Baji sat up properly and leaned closer into your phone. "Tachibana-san, what's going on exactly? Where are you?"

"We– I don't know where we are, but we met some new friends... but– Um, 'Black Dragons'?! Takemichi-kun is getting beat up by Shiba-san! Takemichi-kun– Hey, Stop it right now! ...Don't do it, Hina!" Another girl's voice has appeared. "But, Yuzuha-chan... He won't show you mercy, either."