[23] No Promises

Every once in a while, a certain blond boy would come over to your home just to have a sleepover – and today was one of those days. After that first night, he took it as an invitation to come over unannounced, and uninvited.

Not to mention, if he did end up coming early, you found yourself making him dinner too. It was weird for you, since you didn't even question Mikey's actions and just allowed him to do whatever he liked. You were already getting used to his antics; which you weren't sure was a good or bad thing.

"Mikey-san, just relax. I'll be done with my school work soon, okay?" You didn't even spare a glance at the boy, which made him more restless. Sure, he was already content by being allowed on your bed, but what was the point if you weren't next to him?

"[name]cchan...!"

"You're like a little kid, Mikey-san...You know, I asked you before, but are you sure no one at home will be wondering where you are? You live with your grandpa, right?"

"Hm... He doesn't really care too much. I think Emma knows about our sleepovers..." Mikey then lifted his head from the blanket, "I had to call Ken-chin before I came here to tell him that I won't be at home. Remember the last time he got mad?"

"Yeah, he chased me around because I stole you from him."

"Ken-chin is so funny." Mikey rolled himself up into a little sushi roll and stared at your face. You were still too concentrated in the work you were doing, "Do your parents know I stay over?"

"Not at all. If they did, I'd get backhanded into the past. So, keep it a secret, yeah?"

He giggled into the blanket, "Okay. If your parents knew, I don't think I'd be able to come over anymore. Are you finished yet?"

"Just give me another two minutes. If you're still hungry, you can go get a snack from the cupboard if you'd like."

"No... I'm not hungry."

"Then, what would you like for breakfast?"

"Pancakes?"

"I'll make that then." You let out a sigh, and stretched out your back. "Okay~ I'm finally finished." Mikey burst out from the covers and lifted them up, pointing to the spot beside him. "You're... very excited tonight. We slept together like a few days ago, Mikey-san. Oh, don't say that to Draken-san, he'd get the wrong idea."

"I'm always hyper like this around you, [name]cchan. Also, why can't I say it to Ken-chin? I mean, I've already told him... Oh, he did yell at me afterwards and asked if I used a–"

"Mikey-san, Mikey-san." You covered his mouth and pushed him down onto the bed, "Let's not talk about this." You walked towards the light switch and turned off the lights while closing your door. "Are you comfortable now?"

"Yeah~" When you laid down beside him, he made sure you were nicely tucked into your own bed. "How was your day today?"

"It went by like normal... Takemichi-san today embarrassed himself in class because he wasn't listening, as always. And Tachibana-san gave me some of her food... she's a good cook." Mikey hummed as you continued to speak, moving closer into your side as he wrapped an arm over your waist. "How about you, Mikey-san? What did you do today?"

"Ken-chin woke me up at 8:30, he gave me breakfast, we went to school and I slept some more, then he gave me lunch... with soybean fried bread! Ken-chin is amazing. Then I went to sleep... then Ken-chin woke me up to go to Toman's meeting later."

"You love to sleep, do you? You should make sure to stay awake in class."

"Ken-chin tells me that too, but I can't help it. I get sleepy after I eat."