[33] Final Act

takemichi will still be travelling 12 years into the past, not 10 years.

Takemichi felt as if he had gotten winded. He fell onto the ground face first and tried to catch his breath. "Oi! Takemicchi, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"H-Huh?!" Where exactly was he? Did the time leaping actually work?!

"You literally just fell over when you were just standing. What the heck?"

"Chi... Chifuyu? Where... Where are we?"

"We're at the shrine. With the others." Chifuyu stepped to the side and pointed towards the other boys, "We may be disbanded as Toman, but that doesn't mean we're not friends. Er– Why are you crying?"

"I just... I just... I can't believe it worked." Takemichi was incredibly frazzled; one moment he was with Hina then next he was on the floor. "Wait– That means... our wedding... I won't get to marry her!!"

"Oh, you're future Takemicchi!" Chifuyu ended up sitting down, "Why didn't you say so? Why are you back here though? I thought everything was fixed?"

"No... There was one person I didn't manage to save. [last name]-san still ends up dying, so I came back to change that."

"So we didn't end up changing her future. But," He placed his hand on Takemichi's shoulder, "I'm glad to have you back, partner."

"Chifuyu!"

"Why is Takemicchi crying like a little baby?" Mikey and Draken approached after noticing some peculiar movements with the two boys.

"Mikey-kun, Draken-kun. It's nice to see you again."

"Future Takemicchi?" Draken questioned, that was the only reasonable explanation for his strange behaviour. "Is that why you fell on your face two seconds ago? You time leaped again?"

"Yeah." The two joined the boys in the discussion about the future. "...and so, in less than a year, [last name]-san will commit suicide... with Mikey-kun following shortly after. I was able to come back by shaking hands with Hina this time, not Naoto."

"Mikey, why are you so stupid? You do realise [last name] isn't the only one in your life, right?"

"Don't start lecturing me, Ken-chin. She's my anchor." Mikey then stretched out his arms and gazed up into the sky. That was the near future, according to Takemichi. It was so soon too. "...Man, future me must've been a pain."

"Um, so I want to create a plan."

"I'll help!"

"I don't think that's a good idea, Chifuyu." Takemichi pushed his friends face away. "A plan to help [last name] see the beauty of this world one last time. To show her that there will be a better tomorrow."

"What are you guys congregating about without us?" Mitsuya, along with Hakkai, the twins, and Baji joined the group. "What's this about [last name]-chan?"

"The time I come back to finally hang out with you guys," Baji plopped himself next to Chifuyu, "you're talking shit about [name]-chan to my face. You better have a good reason for that."

"No, Baji-kun!" Takemichi tried to reason with the black-haired boy before he rampaged, "We're not talking smack about her. Um–" He looked at Chifuyu, wondering whether or not it would be a good thing to reveal his powers in front of everyone here. He then glanced over to Draken and Mikey, they were waiting for Takemichi to continue to speak.

"Takemicchi, just tell them. I'm sure that they'll be more on board to help if you tell them about it. We need all the help we can get, right?"

"Yeah, thanks, Chifuyu." He took in a deep breath before revealing the truth about his powers, everything down to the finest detail. The boys listened with concentrated ears and an intense expression, not wanting to get lost in the explanation. Takemichi thought it was a bit too soon to tell everyone, but he knew he could trust them.