Matsuno Chifuyu

Life was going as smooth as swimmingly possible. Right after university, you were able to get a new job straight away as the manager of the [last name] Dojo, Tokyo Branch. Your grandpa had thought of the idea of spreading the teachings of self-defence around the nearby cities. Luckily, he had you who lived in Tokyo who would man the business while he ran the one in Yokohama.

"Chifuyu, can you run the warm up session with Akio for today? I have to chat with a few parents about our programs!" You waved the dojo's pamphlet around and saw your lover nod. Chifuyu took in a deep breath and looked over to the younger boy. He wished you didn't leave him with Akio.

After overhearing that there would be a Tokyo branch of the dojo, Akio quickly moved cities and began to work with you as a mentor as well. It was definitely a dream job of his. "So..." Chifuyu started, "shall we begin?"

Chifuyu didn't necessarily like Akio-their rivalry over you still hadn't ceased despite ten years passing since then. Even though Chifuyu was able to finally confess his feelings to you, Akio still remained a rival for your love.

He ignored Chifuyu and pushed him off to the side as he led the young students. The older man was used to this behaviour however, it didn't excuse the constant annoyance he felt. But, one thing he did like about teaching this class, was that majority of the students liked him more than Akio.

Apparently, he was a much more approachable person who didn't look like he wanted kill someone every two seconds.

"Chifuyu-sensei! Where's [name]-sensei? Isn't she supposed to be here as well?" One of the younger girls tugged on his pants, getting his attention. "I want her to teach us too." After she mentioned that, other students of the class began to join in.

"You guys, it's okay! She'll be here with us soon. She's just talking to some people... I think you might be getting new classmates!" The kids didn't really seem interested in what exactly you were doing, nor what he said last.

"Chifuyu-sensei, do you think [name]-sensei likes anyone?" A boy at the back of the class raised his hand, "I want to confess my feelings!" Were seven-year-olds always this confident? He glanced over to Akio, who seemed to have a scowl on his face.

"Look, I think [name]-sensei does have someone she likes!" Chifuyu tried to quieten down the class. "I mean... she likes me. We've been married for a while now." The students looked at one another, some even covering their mouths after this information. "Is something wrong?"

"But what about Akio-sensei?!" The first girl who spoke pointed at the other teacher, "They aren't a couple?"

"Huh? No, they aren't." Akio rolled his eyes at that.

"But they seem much closer than you and [name]-sensei." Chifuyu didn't know what to say. Did it really look like you two weren't a couple? Sure, you didn't wear rings at the dojo for safety reasons, but Chifuyu has always showered his love for you whenever he could. He's done so multiple times in front of the children. What was going wrong?

Did... did you perhaps lose feelings for him? Why were you getting so close to Akio? Chifuyu felt sick.

。。。

Those negative thoughts stuck with him the entire day. He's been observing your movements around the dojo-specifically how you acted with Akio. It didn't look any different than usual... what did those kids see that he couldn't?

Before he could find an answer to that, the day was already beginning to end. He spent the evening sitting on the engawa, facing the garden that you had been working on for the past few months. He loved watching you water the flowers from this spot.