[04] Ripped Receipts

The captain and vice-captain of the First Division in Toman, were on their way to buy food like they always did. Baji had his hands in his pockets, as he stomped his way down the street—Chifuyu following closely behind. Despite Baji having a cool and intimidating exterior, he was smiling on the inside. He was excited to eat.

"Baji-san, we have all day. You don't have to rush." Chifuyu had to speed up to catch up to his friend. He was used to Baji making his own decisions and doing his own thing; it was kind of Chifuyu's job to go along with him. Sometimes though, Baji could do the most stupidest things and he'd still have to agree with him.

"Chifuyu, stop making excuses for being lazy. I'm hungry."

"Yes, yes." The blond boy scratched his cheek and looked at Baji's back. "Hey, about our meeting earlier today... What did you think about it?"

"Hm? The meeting was normal like always. Why are you asking something stupid like that?" Baji raised an eyebrow as he turned around to look at Chifuyu. The younger boy looked to be a bit flustered and red in the cheeks. "What? You have a crush on that chick or something?"

"No, I don't. It's just... it was weird having a meeting just dedicated about a girl. It's a bit weird, isn't it? I kind of feel sorry about [last name]-san."

"Yeah, well I'm sure she talks about us all day long—especially me. I made quite the impression on her." Baji nodded his head approving of his own actions. "But... after the meeting, I've become more interested in her. Draken said that she was a chill girl so we shouldn't worry about her or something."

"I think I'm worried about Toman... since Draken would never say that about someone other than Emma. It's a bit scary having Draken compliment someone. You think they know each other well?"

"I don't care. I just want to see her again."

"Baji-san... have you fallen in love?!" Chifuyu stopped walking  and reached out to turn Baji around. "What has she done to you?!"

"Chifuyu, stop shaking me! And I have not fallen in love! She peaks my interest!"

The blond boy stepped back, "How do you know what that means?!"

"I'm stupid but I'm not that stupid!" The two of them continued to bicker and shout until they made it to the nearest convenience store. Their fighting came to an end when their stomachs growled simultaneously. "Just buy me food, Chifuyu."

"Always me..." The two walked into the store and looked around. As usual, it smelt of nice fresh chicken to one side and the smell of plastic on the other. Chifuyu nor Baji weren't necessarily fans of eating chicken – both were huge fans of animals so it felt kind of wrong. They opted to choose yakisoba noodles most times.

Baji practically sprinted towards the snacks aisle and swiped all the packaged chips and practically everything else he could see. He carried it all in his arms and moved onto the next aisle to add to his future purchase.

Chifuyu on the other hand was just watching Baji buy the entire store. Sure, Chifuyu had money, but he wasn't willing to purchase everything in Baji's hands. He sighed and reached into his pocket for his wallet. He needed to see how much money he was carrying.

"Huh?" Chifuyu's heart rate increased when he didn't feel the familiar pouch in his right pocket. He reached into his left – there wasn't anything there. "Oh no, oh no..." He immediately began to pay himself down and lo and behold, still nothing. "I had my savings in there!"

"Oi, Chifuyu! Come to the counter. I wanna buy this already." The cashier began to scan each item—some even on the floor—as Baji was impatiently tapping his foot. "Chifuyu?" The black-haired boy wasn't sure why his friend was quiet and had nothing in his hands. "You not buying anything?"