Volume 3: Faulty Existence

Začít od začátku

"Yeah."

He was talking about what's happening behind the scenes. From Katsuragi's behavior during the first day, it seems like he had everything planned, but we disrupted it by taking the cave. Now they're holed up by a cliff, probably living off of Class C's stuff.

__________________________________________________________

When the fifth day came, strange things started happening.

I slept in the river base, and when I woke up, Ike and Shinohara were arguing about stolen food. Looking into it, I saw our supply was all gone. All the fish we caught and berries we picked, everything was gone, even the corn. What's worse is that our spot was taken.

Class C- 6:47:50

I was certain of something now. Who else would be as aggressive?

"Everyone! Per the rules we can't keep staying here. Get everything and move it to the cave base." Hirata said, looking up from when he saw the device.

Maida was by the forest heading to the cave. Kouenji and his hammock had disappeared as well.

"Class! Time for roll call!"

Chabashira-sensei was walking towards us.

"Sensei? Do you know where Kouenji-kun is?"

"Ah yes Kouenji. He has retired from the exam."

Almost the entire class was shocked with widened eyes. However I noticed something.

Maida was all but shocked.

"Does this mean that we'd lose thirty points?"

"Yes, unfortunately." Sensei replied.

"Dammit! Kouenji!!" Sudou shouted in anger as he fully grasped the situation.

"What do we do now?"

Everyone else started panicking, I however feel like I know what's actually happening here. I wouldn't say Maida is overstepping his position as my pawn, he's basically using everything he has to fight Class C.

Je's provoking Ryuuen and is trying to give him a taste of his own medicine.

After roll call, everyone got everything packed and ready to leave. This goes without saying but we also stocked up on water from the river. Maida on the other hand left to talk with Chabashira-sensei about interesting things.

"Ayanokouji-kun do you think Maida-kun will be okay?" Kushida caught up to me as we walked back to the cave

"Honestly? No, I don't think so."

"I'm really worried he'd get a permanent injury because of his sickness."

His symptoms have gotten worse since the second day. Because of that, I no longer think he has a normal asthma.

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you think Maida-kun has a generic illness?"

Now that is a really good question. If his bloodline had the same problems then he never stood a chance from the start.

"It's possible. That or he just isn't used to this type of environment."

I threw in that latter situation as a suggestion, however it's also actually possible.

When we arrived back at the cave, we went straight to work. I was currently helping Hirata and Miyake with a tent while Kushida was issuing tasks to everyone.

Once Maida got back, I immediately saw his face. Unlike me he was able to express himself quite a bit, which somewhat pointed out what he was thinking. He probably asked Chabashira-sensei about Kouenji's retirement, trying to get finer details. Or he was about to ask if he could retire as well.