Volume 3: The Island of Hell

Start from the beginning

"Professor, I have a little favor I wanted to ask you. Is it alright?"

"Ho-ho, Maida-dono requires my assistance? Please, speak." 

I told Sotomura what I wanted from him, it was basic but important. 

"Eh? You really want that?"

"Yes, when do you think you can get it done?"

"Hmm, I don't have the materials for it, so I'd probably finish it by the end of summer break. My apologies Maida-dono but your request is pretty out of this world."

I just asked him for a modified camera. What does he mean "out of this world"?

"If you require points, I can fetch you some. What exactly do you need?"

"Oh, I'm aware that compensation goes unspoken. This is the problem with your request."

He turned his computer screen to me. Ah, he was updating his system.

"See, my computer is fairly high tech, it takes about a few days or so to update the system settings due to all the mods I've put in." Mods?

"Uh what?"

"Basically, I wouldn't be able to use this once it starts updating. I currently am preparing for the update, so by the end of summer break I can get it for you."

"Ah I see now. Take your time then, it isn't really important as of the moment."

"Hehe, quite the patient one eh Maida-dono?"

That patience is running thin with the way you talk though.

After our conversation, Professor moved his computer over to his bed, which was cluttered with junk like circuit boards. How was he allowed to bring this stuff anyway? 

I went to sleep on my bed early, not even bothering with dinner. 

______________________________________

Ayanokouji POV

"Attention students, please assemble on the main deck. You'll be seeing the island soon. This is a good time to take in some rather significant scenery."

What a strange way of phrasing it. 

When I did as told, a lot of people were here. From my position, I caught a glimpse of three interesting sites. The island itself which has multiple opened paths and landmarks, Ryuuen and a bald man near each other, and Maida who was standing in the midst of Hirata and Kushida.

Good, Maida's making a move without needing me to say it. 

The island in question had no beach house that was promised when we first boarded the cruise ship. Well, I never expected there to be a beach house or anything anyway. 

"We will be disembarking soon. Students should have changed into their jerseys and go to the main deck for the general assembly. Please observe your belongings and don't forget your cellphone. All other personal items should be kept in students' assigned room."

I can speculate this to be some sort of survival exam, but with your class. That would mean I can relax a bit and let Maida handle the heavy lifting. 

_____________________________________________

(I'm too lazy to write down the entirety of the deserted island exam rules. I assume a lot of you already know anyway. Gomen)

Mashima-sensei finished explaining the rules to us and one thing stood out to me.

The leader picking, that would be the main thread that would drastically change each class' final score. Those extra rules would prove useful if Maida messed up.