Chapter 97 - VS Spider Family: Father

Start from the beginning

Inosuke remembers that he once saw this. "I-it's shedding its skin?!" he answers. Soon, the spider demon took on a new appearance. It had green skin, and there were more black blade-like protrusions on his arms and legs. He seems to have no hair, and there are five spikes going upward on his head. His eye count was now doubled, going from nine to eighteen.

Clearly, it just grew stronger. "W-WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" Inosuke questions. Suddenly, the demon charges at Kaigaku. He lands a brutal arm swing to his gut, sending him flying. "INOSUKE!" he yells. "WHAT?!" "TAKE CARE OF ZENITSU! I'M GOING TO GO FIND BOTH THE KIZUKI MEMBER AND THE GIRL!" Kaigaku adds. "ALRIGHT!" Inosuke agrees.

"Tch... leaving me alone to deal with this, you must be insane..." Inosuke mutters, chuckling. "Well, here goes nothing," he adds, charging forward. They have a great duel for a bit, being able to last for a maximum of ten minutes before he's grabbed.

"OH, DAMN IT ALL! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME, YOU BIG BULKY SPIDER SHIT!" Inosuke angrily demands, readying both of his swords. "Beast Breathing, Sword Form: Devour!" he yells, thrusting both of his swords into his neck. He tries to pull them out, and he does, but he breaks them in the process. "OH, WHAT?!" he questions.

Devour (The user releases simultaneous horizontal slashes towards the target's throat to decapitate them.)

The demon then begins to crush him by his hands. "GRAH! STOP... THAT...! LET... ME... GO...!" Inosuke demands. "I'M A DEAD MAN...! I'm going to die here...! If Kaigaku was still with me, maybe we could have defeated him...! I failed to do him a favor, I failed to protect Zenitsu...! I'm sorry...!"  he thought. Soon, he coughed out a concerningly high amount of blood.

Up above...

"Ah... this has been one gigantic mess. Kaigaku's been sent flying, and Inosuke's going to die. Welp, I got nothin'. I guess it's time I used it,"  he thought, literally asleep, bringing himself off of the fang that impaled him. He landed on a bush. He crawled towards the tree where his sword landed, and plucked it off of it.

Inosuke looks up, and he notices Zenitsu's gone. "Wait, Monitsu's gone? Then where..."  he questions internally, looking around. "Hey, lipless," he calls out. He points a finger gun at him, and fires an instantaneous small jolt. It makes a violent explosion, setting Inosuke free. "Z-Zenitsu...? You're okay...?" Inosuke questions, coughing out more blood. "Don't open your mouth. You'll die," Zenitsu suggests.

Volt Sniper (The user concentrates electricity into one finger, then forms a circle on the outstretched hand. More accurate with certain objects, such as a gun's muzzle.)

"...when did he become so cool?"  Inosuke questions. "I'll end this myself. Here, take some of my bandages," Zenitsu says, throwing some at him. "Wait, but what about you?" Inosuke asks. "I'll be fine. I patched myself up before I grabbed my sword, anyway."

"GETTING A LITTLE BRAVE, ARE WE?" the demon asks rhetorically, emerging from the smoke. He charges at Zenitsu, but he stands his ground, and gets ready to deliver an immensely devastating attack. "Thunder Magic, Ultimate Sword Form: Honoikazuchi no Kami."

Honoikazuchi no Kami (Flaming Thunder God) (The user dashes forward at blinding speeds and unleashes a singular forward slash at a low stance, which is seemingly accompanied by a yellow Japanese dragon shaped like a lightning bolt. The attack heats the blade to the point where it can melt through certain things.)

"THERE'S NO POSSIBLE WAY HE CAN CUT THROUGH MY NECK. EVEN HE KNOWS THAT, RI..."  he thought as he felt a hot blade press against his neck. "W-WAIT... WHAT IS THIS?! IT'S SO HOT!"  he questions internally, the blade melting through his neck. Soon, the blade makes it through, and Zenitsu fully decapitates the demon.

"I WON'T STOP HERE!" the demon yells, grabbing his head, ready to reattach it. "Oh no you don't," Zenitsu replies, breathing in a different way than when he uses Thunder Breathing. "This one... I planned on saving for Kibutsuji. But I have nothing to lose in using it here!" Zenitsu states, a blue-and-black lightning surrounding him.

"Volt Magic, Sword Form: Sudden Fusion Bolt!" he yells, slashing off one of the demon's arms. He lands on a tree, and leaps off of it, getting his other arm. He does this two more times, getting both of his legs. "It's over for you. Rest now, you filthy spider demon," he says, sheathing his sword.

Sudden Fusion Bolt (The first technique ever used when Volt Magic was created by Zenitsu Agatsuma. This technique executes one or multiple powerful attacks in quick succession.)

Volt Magic (A more powerful version of the Thunder Magic. This power was formulated by Zenitsu Agatsuma himself.)

"Are you alright, Inosuke?" Zenitsu asks. Inosuke nods. "Good. Do you know where Kaigaku is?" he asks, opening his eyes. He points over to the west, and they both run that way.

To be continued...