59.4:" To fight the norm"

"What do you want?" She asked, as she sits in front of them and realize how much having her father by her side meant

"Do you know how much you are hurting your father by being this way?" Her aunt snapped

She rolls her eyes because she knows for a fact her father won't even remember her by now. That was a reality. Once the soul leaves this world, it leaves everything else that meant everything to it here. They don't remember anyone or anything. Besides what good they did and what bad they did. That's all that they care about. 

"I am sure". She said, shrugging, "What exactly are you here for?"

"We told your father to marry you countless times. If he had done that in his life we wouldn't have to take over his responsibility". Her uncle grumbles angrily, "We have our things to do".

"First of all". She started, angrily, "Because of what you said to my father he had a heart attack which I didn't even find out until the doctor said so. He died in his sleep and he was crying before that because of your nasty words". She pauses, taking a deep breath, "Second of all, you should be apologising or begging for his forgiveness yet you are shameless enough to be here and lecture me". She watches how they avoided her eyes, "Third and lastly, I am not anyone's responsibility. I have said this enough times and I will say it again, I will marry whenever I want to and I will not be ordered by anyone. I know how to run my life so you can all focus on yourselves".

"You don't know anything about life". Her uncle said angrily as he raise his hand to hit her

But before he could she holds his hand pushing it away as she stands from her place, "This is just how low you are. You wouldn't have raised your hand if my father was here. You were just preaching how much my actions are hurting my father yet you dare to raise your hand on me. His child. I am sure he is very happy with you right now".

She was fuming.

Because abuse was not something to joke about. They have emotionally scarred her for years and they didn't even hesitate to use physical abuse to have her get on her knees. It was something installed in their minds. What if a woman is opposed to their decision, they can raise their hand to have her do what they want. That was what they were taught. Use anger by voice and if that won't work use hands.

"And you have no shame of standing here and trying to force your decision on me. My father may not have cut his relationship after everything you all did to him, but I will. Be it if it hurts him or not. Put this in your head that I will not have any relationship with any of you anymore. I will especially won't marry that scum of a son of yours. He doesn't deserve me. Do not show on my door and don't ever think of entering my house without permission". She snapped

She saw her cousin moving towards her and before he could Aloom stepped forward pushing him back.

"I believe she said what she needed to". Aloom voice was cold and rigid, "Step out of her house. Now".

Her uncle fumes cursing her when she heard another voice, "It really is amazing how shameless people can be especially your own blood. It true what people says worse betrayal comes from your blood".

She turns to her second uncle who she never actually spoke to much. He was always travelling with his family or doing something so she never actually spoke to him.

"Aslam". Her first uncle (Ali) spoke, "What are you doing here?"

"Someone needs to be here to tell you where your place is. Clearly, my brother failed at that". Aslam said, smiling at her and she nodded, "You have done no good to him and even after his death you are using him. How much more do you want before you realise how baseless these things are?"