57.5:"We don't wanna be like them"

Ok. You all- I did it. This is the last part of this beautiful story. Reminder to read the chapter "57.4" before this.

It's a double update. 

****

She laughs. She laughs until her stomach hurts as she sits on the concrete on the site.

"Is it amusing?" He asked, wiping the sweat off him, "Seeing me hurt?"

"No". She chokes out, "Watching that bastard hurt was fun. Did you see his face?"

He shakes his head, sitting on the side as he watches the sun going down.

"Why did you protect me?" She asked, as her voice was just a soft whisper, "Why didn't you tell me I was wrong? I should have held it in and I shouldn't be emotional?"

"What's wrong with being emotional? I was emotional too". He said fake offended and she laughs, "Why will I not protect you, Sheila?"

"Because I am not worth it". She said, looking at the sky, "That bastard- h-he, h-he-". She took a deep breath, "He cheated on me". She clench her hands, "I caught him red-handed. You know what he did?"

He clench his hands as she spoke, "He said I wasn't good enough. That I was worthless that he had to go to other women. He said I should be thankful since I am still his wife. That bastard didn't even look guilty, Rohan". She snarled as she clench her hand on her hijab, "I shouted. I told everyone around. They all said the same damn thing over and over and over again. They all said I was wrong. That I didn't please that bastard. That men are some freaking hormonal freak so they can do it. They all blame me".

She stands from the place as she felt her breathing getting heavy, "Night and days, I heard the same things. I should save my house. That it was just one time mistake. I should forgive him when he didn't even apologize and be a bigger person to make a home. To have a child so he settles down and whatnot".

She took a shaking breath, "You know the irony? My own family said it. Even my own father. No one was on my side. I went alone, broken to the courthouse to file a divorce. Those people said the same thing. To take time, not be emotional and forgiveness is a blessing". She growled, "I spent a year in that shit. A year ended and I saw him with another woman. I had enough and filed a divorce. I went into hiding because I knew everyone will come after me until the date of the court".

She sighs, rubbing her hands together, "Naina was there. She was there through it. She found me on the streets that night I ran away to hide. I had money but I was just a weakling. I didn't know what to do next. She took me in and provided me without even taking the money or asking. She just did it and said any human would have done the same".  She shakes her head with a snicker, "Not any human will do that. These days those types of humans are rare almost like a gem".

"What happened?"

She took a deep breath, "The day of court I went in. Everyone was shocked but they went through. I could see the eyes blaring in my back but I didn't realise something". She sits on the ground when she felt her legs losing strength, "That bastard framed me. He said I was cheating on him. He said I tortured him mentally and he never said anything about it". She laughs hysterically, "He didn't even provide any proof. Because those were the words from a man with a few tears added, everyone believed him. They said I should get on my knees and apologize. To beg him to take me in".

He felt the fire burning inside of him. He shouldn't have just let that bastard go after a few punches. He should have done so much more.

"My mother married me in her cousin' family when I was 18". She spoke again, drawing on the sand in front of her, "She said the proposal was good and I was naive so I went in. It was a typical house that shouldn't be as normal but it is these days. I was expected to be awake at 5 AM and work for everyone. To please him all night and still not complain about tiredness. To listen to them mock my appearance, parents and everything and simply listen just to save my house". She draws a deep breath, "I did it all and look where I am. He cheated on me when I was 21 and probably even before that it was just that I caught him. I took divorce when I was 22 and at 23, my dad finally stood for me". She smiles, sadly, "He said he believes me. He said it wasn't my fault. He said it was his wrongdoing. That he shouldn't have let me marry at that age and then one day when I was 25 he died because of a heart attack which I believe is because of the guilt he carried with him".