52.5:"The dying bird".

She hides in her duvet, looking through the comments from his laptop and pictures that thousands of people had shared already.

The hate and blame were all on her. Her character was out in the open for people to pick on. She continued reading and reading to the point that she felt her breathing hitched and the unbearable pain appearing in her chest. She felt suffocated. She wanted to scream and scream some more.

She scroll through another account when the internet connection was lost and she tried for a couple of minutes but no use.

"Shut it down". His mother hissed at him as he stands in front of their internet connector

"Ammi, this is not the--".

His mother glared at him, "Now".

He immediately shuts the internet down. He turns to look at Mahira, feeling the anger within him.

"How can you say something like that?" He asked as he takes a deep breath

"Why not? She is the one in wrong. She shouldn't have gone into that industry if she was not strong enough. She chooses this. Why should I be ashamed of saying the truth?" Mahira snapped

"Let's make something clear". He said stepping closer to his childhood friend, "I have always been on your side, Mahira. When you stripped people away, when you kicked them out and when you pushed them away to get what you wanted. I believed in you". His voice drops, "Not anymore. I want you to get out of my house and my life as of now. I have no more friends like you. If you have time to reflect, stop blaming others and look at yourself".

"You are doing this because of her". Mahira shouted

"Not because. I am doing this for her. No one should have to go through such things and no one should be blaming, shaming and mocking anyone on it. We are all human who do mistakes and learn from them".

"I can't believe you. I have stayed with you all this time and you are leaving me for that kind of woman".

"I can do much more for that kind of woman". He snapped as his mother holds his hand to calm him down, "That kind of woman is who I will support and care for. Get out of my house and if I heard that you are the one who told anyone even a soul that she lives here- the results won't be good for you".

Mahira screamed some more but he had enough of her. He had seen from when Mahira was young, she wanted anything and for whatever she wanted, she could hurt people. She hurt more people than he could count. Some innocent, some pure and some best. She crushed everyone to be what she wanted to be.

He shakes his head at her absurd behaviour, turning to look at his mother who was pacing the length of their living room.

"I don't know how she is". His mother said stressed, "Should I go to her? Will she let me in? No, a child needs a mother comfort, I need to be there with her".

He hugs his mother, "It's ok. It's ok".

His mother holds onto him, "It's not ok. You know how society will kill with their eyes? They will rip her apart".

He had his mother sit on the couch as he holds her hand, kissing them, "Ap nae kaha tha, Ammi Jaan, k agar ghar wale sath kahry ho toh zindagi ki koi muskil bari nahi lagti. She has us. She has you. We will never let her down".

(You said it, Mom, that if the people of the house stands with you, then no trouble of this world is too big/hard)

"So, about the party". He heard her voice as their head snapped to her, "Are we still celebrating?"